CHAPTER 34 || The reunion

The drivers are on Nando's terrace talking. After the thing with the children, they understand each other much better.

Charles, Pierre, Esteban and Lance play a French language game under Romain's supervision. Carlos, George, Alex, Lando, Oscar and Logan play a very interesting version of the "Game of Life". Zhou, Valtteri, Checo and Daniil play UNO.

Hulk, Nico, Mick, Pascal, Stoffel and Kevin play Halli Galli. This is the endgame. Halli Galli is just as bad as Monopoly. You always turn over a card with a fruit and a number of fruits at the same time. The same fruit of must add up to 6. Then you hit a bell.

"I swear, this bell is more stable than a Nokia!" Laughs Seb and Jenson starts laughing too. "This game evokes complete life crises!" Is the only thing he replies. "If anyone wears rings then your hand is fucked." Kimi says dryly and the other two laugh even more.

When the doorbell rings, Nando calls out, "Just come around the house into the garden! Seb looks at him sceptically and asks "Do you even know who that is?" And Nando shakes his head.

Three people come into the garden. Mika, David, and? Right, Michael.

Seb stares at the three newly arrived men, overwhelmed. "Do you even want to say hello to your old man?" Michael asks and Seb sprints to him to cling to him.

Kimi saunters up to them much more slowly and gives Mika a quick hug saying, "Onko kaikki hyvin, isä? " [Everything alright Dad?]

"Tietenkin, poikani." The old Finn replies and the two look at their partners, smiling. [Of course, my son]

The two Germans are still hugging each other and now pull Mick into the embrace, who feels right at home between his father figures.

When Seb breaks away from Michael, he immediately flees to Kimi, who embraces him with a quiet laugh. "Overwhelmed?" He asks and Seb nods, burying his face in the hood of Kimi's hoodie.

Michael makes a round through the garden and looks at what the others are doing. As he comes hobbling back on his stick he mutters "The sport has changed. So much."

"Three dead drivers, team bosses who are married, friendships that have been replaced by relationships, rivalries that have become great friendships, the enmity is gone."

"If I'd been told when I was still in my Prime that the 2020s drivers would be sitting on Fernando's floor playing UNO and Halli Galli, I'd have asked them if they'd fallen on their heads." Grumbles Mika and puts a hand on Michael's shoulder.

"You were the starting point. When you adopted Fernando and me and showed us that Formula 1 is not about rivalry, but about family. That you can fight for victories on the track and eat together in the evening and play games." Smiles Kimi while watching his parents.

Throughout the day, Kimi sees his Sebby from time to time, but that's it. Because where Michael is, Sebastian is also there. He follows the 7-time world champion like a lost puppy.

As Mika is also left alone, he spends the afternoon talking to Kimi, which turns into a hour of therapy for the younger boy, who gets rid of all the burdens and finds comfort and assurance in his Isä.

It is clear to everyone that Seb and Michael will only be seen in a double pack for the next few days. Kimi and Mika know that they can cope with it and will be needed again as pillows and cuddly toys in the evening at the latest.

~~~~~~~~~~

Next one :)

The last one for today!

AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR TODAY  😭❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹