The Sceptre

-Your POV-
We teleported inside Tony's tower as once we stepped foot inside, a wall of lasers split Loki and me apart. I realised the lasers made a wall all around Loki and me, creating a cell for both of us.

I scoffed as I saw Tony Stark enter the room as well as Steve Rogers and Clint.

"I thought I said no cells?!" Clint said a bit aggravated.

"Hey, just trying to take precautions," Tony said a bit offended.

"Let us out now!" I said in a low voice. "Unless you want me to destroy this entire tower."

"I'm sure you can magnet girl. However, where would you run off to afterwards? Don't you need somewhere to stay? You can't keep running from S.H.I.E.L.D forever. They will eventually find you," Tony lectured.

"I wouldn't agitate her further," Loki advised, smirking some.

Tony stopped as I calmed down.

"What do you want?" I asked, suspicious of Tony's intentions with Loki and me.

"I want to run some tests on Loki and you real quick. Nothing scary. Just maybe a brain scan and check your eye colours."

He wants to make sure we aren't brainwashed.

I rolled my eyes, saying, "We aren't brainwashed dumbass."

"You were though—according to Clint and Steve," Tony corrected.

I glanced at Clint and Steve as Steve avoided eye contact with me while Clint just shrugged.

I huffed as I complied with all the tests being ran on Loki and me.

However, part of me was afraid of these tests. One test consisted of me laying down on a patient bed, causing me to freak out. I began hyperventilating as Clint noticed as well as Loki.

"Breathe in and out dear. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you."

I sighed in relief hearing Loki's words as Clint spoke up.

"Don't sweat it kid. It's just a simple scan of your brain."

I nodded my head in understanding. Laying on the bed, multiple thoughts ran through my mind.

Memories of threats from Thanos flashed through my mind as fear engulfed me. I became afraid, wondering if we truly ever escaped from the Mad Titan.

-Loki's POV-
I sensed Lorna become uneasy inside the machine that was scanning her brain. I so desperately wanted to reach out to her. However, I knew I couldn't interfere with the tests being run. Wouldn't want Thor's comrades to think I have something to hide.

I hoped that whatever was bothering Lorna would pass over. Thankfully, the test ended within a few minutes.

Lorna looked shaken up as I frowned.

Just what exactly is running through your pretty little head?

Clint seemed to notice Lorna's uneasiness as he asked everyone to give Lorna and I some space in a small room that was of course, high in security.

Right when everyone left, Lorna immediately walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug. She pressed her forehead against my chest.

Has she gotten taller?

I disregarded that thought when I heard her shaky breaths.

"Want to talk about what's on your mind dear?" I asked while stroking her dark green locks.

Lorna inhaled sharply, moving her head in a motion that told me no. I accepted her reply, understanding that some things were not going to be discussed right in the moment. I'll give her time and if she is ever ready to talk, I'll be all ears.