Who Are You?

-Loki's POV-
I heard the girl stir awake when Proxima entered the room, dragging her out. I knew Proxima was taking the girl to meet Thanos. I felt sorry for her. Thanos' intentions involving others were never good. It may seem right in his perspective, but it was wrong. He knew it but could care less.

My mouth was dry, my throat scratched up. I dreaded for some water. I coughed a few times as I didn't realise how hoarse my voice sounded. I must look pretty damn pathetic too. I wondered how I overall looked right now. Do I look as terrible as I imagine or worse?

The door to the cell opened. I groaned seeing it was Corvus.

"Miss me already?" I teased while chuckling.

Corvus glared at me when he revealed a cart of what he called his "toys." I groaned in aggravation upon seeing the cart. I didn't want to deal with him right now.

It is too early for this shit. By Odin's beard, I just woke up not even 10 minutes ago.

Corvus made the room temperature rise as I began panting. I became drenched in sweat while my clothes began to stick to my skin. He pulled me up off the ground, holding new shackles since mine were broken from yesterday.

The cuffs around my wrists were scorching hot. I started wiggling around as the chains burned my skin. No matter how many times I was tortured, I would never get used to the pain.

Corvus held a branding iron, making his way towards me. I started hyperventilating from fear upon seeing the branding iron.

I quickly pleaded, "No! Please don't-"

I was cut off by my own screams. Tears quickly formed in the corner of my eyes. I hated the branding iron. Especially, when it was Corvus using it to torture me.

"Not so cocky now huh?" Corvus mocked, pressing the branding iron against my skin even more, watching me with pure amusement.

The branding iron didn't have any fancy brand on it since it was old. Whenever Corvus used this on me in previous times, the marks left behind just looked like slashes. Like a nasty cut.

I forced myself to glance down at my stomach. I groaned upon seeing there was a slash at the bottom left of my stomach, right above my left hip bone. It was red, looking worse than I thought it would.

Corvus branded me a few more times while I screamed at the top of my lungs every single time. My throat hurt more than before. I didn't even realise Corvus grabbing a sharp heated blade.

I was caught off guard as I yelled. He dragged the burning blade slowly against my skin, making the pain more agonising.

-Your POV-
"Polaris, you are no ordinary mortal. You have powers. Extraordinary powers," Thanos complimented. "You shall be of use to me," Thanos declared. "There's no use in escaping as we are in the middle of space. Your best bet is to stay here. But first, you need to be disciplined on who you shall now follow orders from."

I had my mouth agape, shocked as I was about to protest. Before I could say anything, I heard a scream, causing me to jump. Proxima smiled to herself as I wanted to know where the screams where coming from. I began to worry.

Maybe it's just someone who accidentally hurt themselves or got injured. Yeah...totally...

I mentally scolded myself for being naïve. The screams were obviously screams out of pure pain. No one seemed bothered by the scream, making me become uneasy.

Thanos finally dismissed me while Proxima grabbed my wrist. I was quickly dragged back to the cell as I got another pair of restraints put on me. They were metal handcuffs.

Are you kidding me? I could easily take these off if it wasn't for this damn collar!

I stopped outside the door when Proxima nudged me inside. I took in my surroundings as I noticed Corvus was also here. My eyes widened, seeing the other man.

He had brand marks scattered on his stomach and sides. New and dried blood was on him from multiple cuts. I realised that Corvus was torturing him. Almost a million thoughts ran through my head.

That's where the screams were coming from. What the hell? Why is he being tortured? Do they do that to him everyday?!

My heart started racing as Proxima dragged me to the same spot I was put yesterday. I thought that I would just be left with the restraints I had on before.

I was wrong. My wrists were placed above my head while I was chained to the wall. My toes barely hovered off of the ground when I began to fear for the worst.

I glanced at the man, our eyes meeting. Pain and pure misery was written all over him by the look of his eyes. I saw Corvus grab a burning torch as he placed the burning flame against the man's skin. The man cried out in pain, a few tears slipped past his eyes. Proxima walked towards me as I was completely petrified.

~

Hours. Hours went by as I had never felt so much physical pain in my life, not even in the lab. I glanced at the man as he looked drained and tired. The type of tired that not even sleep would fix.

"Why? Why are they doing this to us? What did we ever do to deserve this?" I asked out loud, my voice cracking from shock and fear.

"Thanos apparently has use for us. I don't know why though. I'm sure you haven't done anything bad to deserve anything close to this, but for me, I've done a few reckless things. None of which that I ended up deserving this hell," the man said.

His voice was hoarse as I could tell his throat was scratched up. Besides that, I found his voice nice.

"Who are you?" I asked.

The man chuckled weakly, "The names Loki, the God of Mischief."

"You're a god? Like the Norse god Loki?"

"I know, a god shouldn't look as pathetic as I do now," Loki said sighing. "So, what's your name then?"

"Polaris."

"That's not your real name though is it? Only a nickname," Loki stated, curiosity flowing upon him.

I was shocked, stuttering, "H-how?"

Loki gave me a small smile and sighed. "Darling, I'm the God of Mischief. Some call me the God of Lies. Despite that, I know when someone is lying or only telling half of the truth. So tell me, what's your real name Polaris?"

I hesitated on telling him. Then again, what's the harm anyway.

"Lorna. Lorna Dane," I replied.

"Although it's unfortunate circumstances that we have met in the worst place and situation, it is a pleasure meeting you Lorna."

I smiled as Loki didn't seem so bad, despite him looking like hell.

"How long have you been here Loki?"

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I think I've been here for around 6 months. 6 possible and treacherous months of torture."

"6 months!" I choked out. "Have you ever tried to escape?"

"I couldn't even if I had tried. This room keeps me weak. The heat keeps me weak."

"How so?"

"That's a story for another time dear. I suggest you try to get some rest now as once tomorrow comes, it will be a long agonising day," Loki said sighing.

I nodded my head as I tried to fall asleep. It felt like an hour or so had passed by and I was still wide awake. I huffed, having too many thoughts running through my head.

Loki couldn't sleep either as we talked until we both fell asleep. Days went by like this: waking up, getting tortured hours on end, and then talking with Loki until sleep overcame us. We grew closer but each day that passed, our mindsets started to change.