Giving In

-Your POV-
I used my ability, making the sword go through the guard's neck—almost instantly killing them. I saw Loki a few feet away from me fighting off another guard. I realised we were surrounded as I held my hands up in the air.

This caused all the guards' swords to fly up in the air. I threw my hands down with a yell as their swords dropped. Instantly, the guards dropped dead, one by one.

I sensed metal not too far from me as it was moving. It was moving too fast for me to react and use my abilities to stop it. Loki ran towards me and tried moving me. However, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I looked down to see a sword had gone through my stomach.

I coughed as I tasted the metallic taste of my own blood in my mouth. I felt some blood trail off the side of my lip, dripping onto the floor. I looked up at Loki, his eyes widened in terror.

I didn't realise I fell forward until I felt Loki catch me. He held me tightly, careful to not touch the sword. He cursed under his breath as I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Such a pity, isn't it?"

Loki turned his head to the side, pissed off. Thanos walked towards us when he suddenly pulled me away from Loki. Loki tried grabbing my arm but someone held him back.

Damn you Corvus!

I felt Thanos grab the end of the sword behind my back. I winced in pain, feeling the sword slightly move from his touch.

"I wonder what would happen if-" Thanos started.

I yelled out in pain when Thanos twisted the sword to the side, cutting my stomach more. I coughed up more blood than before as Thanos grabbed my hair, forcing me to look up at Loki.

"Stop!" Loki yelled.

Thanos let go of my hair and the sword as I could tell the bastard was grinning. He turned me to the side before breaking the front and back of the sword that was sticking out of my abdomen—the extra parts of the sword that was showing; that weren't plunged in my stomach.

"I'll let you heal her stab wound if you help me with something in return," Thanos offered.

"You wouldn't dare let her die!" Loki spat. "You need her alive!"

"I do not though. You see, this mutant mortal was just purely a bonus to my plan. She was never part of it originally. My plan can be carried out without her if I choose," Thanos flatly explained.

Loki clenched his jaw as he struggled against Corvus holding him back. Loki shouted, "You're telling me that you put her through all of this for fun? A bonus to your plan?!"

"Precisely. But now, whether she lives or dies is up to you," Thanos threatened.

I felt my vision blur a bit while I saw Loki run up and grab me by my shoulders.

"I'm sorry Lorna," Loki whispered as he held me close.

I was confused as what he was sorry for, until I soon realised what he meant.

"Fine!" Loki shouted at Thanos while looking down in defeat.

"A wise decision boy," Thanos said as some guards started pulling me out of the room.

Loki quickly followed after until I dropped to my knees. I couldn't walk any further. I was tired. Exhausted. I wanted to close my eyes and sleep.

I felt someone pick me up as I glanced up. It was Loki. He held me close to him as I leaned my head against his chest.

"Stay with me please," Loki pleaded.

I tried keeping my eyes open when I felt my eyelids grow heavy. My breathing slowed as I closed my eyes.