𓆰 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫.

DAN FELT HORRIBLY FIDGETY as he sat in the middle of a secluded library

His leg twitched as it bounced up and down. His fingers twist and pull together over and over again. His heart races in his chest. He doesn't know why but hes a nervous mess for this sale, never has he felt this nervous before, but the setting he sits in makes him uncomfortable.

The library is cold, dimly lit and smells of old books, despite the obvious expensive art and decor, it feels creepy. No one is in here besides him yet the door was unlocked, allowing him to enter. He arrived five minutes early but has now been in here for almost ten.

He unwinds his fingers and places them atop the table he sits at, he taps his index nail against the surface of it and takes a few calming deep breaths.

And then, seemingly out of thin air, three cloaked figures are standing in front of him, towering over his sitting body. He gasps and his head darts up to look at them.

Slowly they remove their hoods, reveling their long hair and pale skin, Dan gulps thickly.

"You must be Daniel Kensington." The one in the middle with long black hair and odd green eyes says, his voice is smooth and accented.

Dan stands up quickly and nods a few times. "Yes, you must be Mr. Volturi...?" Dan asks, uncertain though the mans voice sounds familiar.

"Aro, dear one." He affirms and Dan finds his choices of words strange. "These are my brothers - Marcus," He gestures towards the man with dark brown, wavy hair and nearly black eyes that seem unfocused. "and Caius." and then to the blonde brother who glares at Dan like hes a piece of scum with unnatural blue eyes.

They all seem off to Dan but he can't place his finger on why, because really, he isn't sure why, they just seem strange and uncanny to him.

"Its—" Dan clears his throat to rid his voice of its quiver. "Its nice to finally meet you." They had emailed and spoken over the phone a few times, but never in person.

"You as well." Aro says, holding out a gloved hand. Dan takes it and shakes it with a polite smile. Aro drops his hand moments later. "Let us sit, yes?"

"Oh, yeah." Dan says, sitting down and positioning himself in the chair to look more professional.

"So, five hundred thousand is not enough for you, is that correct?" Caius asks harshly, his glare anything but polite as he looks at Dan.

Dan gulps again and licks his lips before speaking. "Like I said over the phone, Mr. Volturi, I think its worth a lot more than that." And Dan knows these men are rich, he knows they own countless museums and libraries spread around all of Italy and even some in France and large cities in America, so why wouldn't he get what he can out of them? "My family paid twice the amount for it when they bought it."