𓆰 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤.

OUTSIDE OF THE COUPLES HOTEL room is Demetri perched on a tree, listening to their current conversation

"I'm just saying, sweetie, why did they have to keep asking you those questions? I'm the one they're working with!" Dan complains, tugging his tie off — for some reason, he feels greatly jealous over the dinner that has just happened; the way the Volturi brothers kept looking at Amara as they discussed things angered him, only because the kings are richer and more attractive than him and he doesn't want them to sweep Amara up off of her feet or something. Finding a wife on his own sounds like too much work.

Amara side eyes him and kicks one of her heels off. "They were just being polite, Dan."

"Please!" Dan scoffs. "The blonde one kept looking at you like you were a meal."

Amara shakes her head but doesn't say anything, she takes her other shoe off.

"And you did the same — to all three of them." Dan says, now with an accusatory tone.

Amara fully turns her head to glare at him now. "I did not!" She argues back, knowing that what hes saying isn't the truth. Would she have liked to admire them and stare at them the whole time? Yes, but she didn't because she knew Dan would react like this, so she kept her gaze fixated on her hands, food or drink for most of the evening, except when they spoke to her. She hardly looked at them and she knows Dan just needs something or someone to be angry at. "Stop accusing me of things. I'm your wife, shouldn't you trust me?"

"Sometimes I don't, no." Dan says, shaking his head.

Amara gapes at him and his audacity. Its not like she wants his trust, but the fact that he, a man whom has cheated on her multiple times, doesn't trust her, a woman whom has been with Dan and only Dan (unfortunately) for five years. It pisses her off that he just throws accusations around for no true reason.

She stands up, tossing the shoe in her hand onto the floor. "I've been with you since I was eighteen and you act like I'm the one who can't be trusted? I comply with everything you say and yet you still ridicule me? If it weren't for my father, I'd run and you'd be left all alone." Amara has thought about leaving and attempted once three years ago — it didn't end well, thanks to her father.

It was three in the morning and Amara was wide awake, staring up at the ceiling of she and Daniels room. Her breathing was quick and her heart raced rapidly in her chest. Dan snored noisily beside her while hogging most of the covers.

Amara had a plan, one she had been conjuring up for nearly three weeks now, and to her, it was perfect — she planned on crawling out of the bed as Dan slept, she pre-packed a bag that she could easily grab, she'd steal Dans phone and call a cab or some car service, she'd also steal as much money as she could, and then she would disappear off of the face of the earth, maybe lead a new life in another country. She thought it was foolproof and had much confidence that she could escape.