𓆰 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲.

AMARA GAZES UP IN AMAZEMENT at what stands before her — books all the way up to the tall ceilings in rows of thousands

AMARA GAZES UP IN AMAZEMENT at what stands before her — books all the way up to the tall ceilings in rows of thousands. Her eyes couldn't be larger even if they tried.

"Wow." She speaks. "Thats... a lot of books."

Marcus nods, also looking up with her. "Yes, it surely is, isn't it?"

"How many are in here?" She shifts her gaze onto Marcus, curiosity twinkling in her eyes.

Marcus doesn't even have to think before answering; "Seventy thousand."

She blinks. "Wow."

"And there will be more, we are always collecting books." He tells her.

"I bet." She says. "How many have you read?"

"All of them." He answers. "Multiple times, each."

"Really?" She asks, astonished. "Wow. Do you have a favorite?"

Marcus pauses to think, and after a second, he shakes his head. "I do not think I can pick one, I have too many."

"Hm, then maybe you can help me find my favorite." She says while gazing back up at the towering bookshelves.

Marcus keeps his eyes on the side of her face and smiles. "I can do that."

Amara smiles as well. "Good."

"What kind of books do you like?" He asks, tilting his head to side curiously, allowing brown curls to fall over his shoulder. Amara gazes at him, and at the way the dim lighting in the library shines into his maroon eyes, making them glow.

"Umm," Amara thinks for a moment, clearing her mind of how beautiful Marcus is, "any, really."

"Perfect." Marcus says. "I have much to work with."

And so he leads her through the library, giving her recommendations on books and plucking out the ones that even slightly pique her interest.

"I think we will have to make another trip." Marcus comments, glancing down at the pile of books he holds in his hands, and then at Amara, who also has a pile in hers, though her pile is much smaller.

"Yeah," She agrees. "my arms are getting tired."

Marcus chuckles lightly. "Let us set these down, then."

They walk for one of the tables in the center of the library, placing the books down on it. Amara stares at the two piles, really seeing how many books there are, a bit stunned.