The Beginning

It is nighttime in Surrey, an owl sitting quietly on the street sign "PRIVET DRIVE" and the street is covered with very identical looking brown brick houses. The owl flies away, and an elderly man with crimson robes and a long silvery white beard walks out of a forest near the street, past a tabby cat standing next to what looks like a shed. He takes out a device from his pocket and activates it. The old man then points the device at the lampposts. The lampposts light zooms over to the device, leaving the street dark. He puts away the device and a cat meows. The old man then turns his attention towards the cat.

"I should have known that you would be here... Professor McGonagall." He says while giving the cat a knowing look.

The cat silently looks at him before it starts walking. On the wall behind the cat, the cat's shadow turns into a woman with a tall hat and emerald robes.

"Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumors true, Albus?" Professor McGonagall asked with worry in her voice.

"I'm afraid so, Professor. The good, and the bad." The old man now known as Dumbledore answered.

"And the siblings?" McGonagall asked in an almost desperate voice.

"Hagrid is bringing them." Came the simple response much to McGonagall's dismay. She was hoping for more of an answer than that, but Dumbledore was very secretive when it came to the Potter family.

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

"Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life."

There is a motor sound, and the two professors look up to see a flying motorcycle coming down from the air. It skids on the street and halts. A large man with shoulder-length dark brown hair and beard as the driver.

"Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall." Hagrid greeted the two respectfully while getting off the flying motorcycle.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Dumbledore asked with a strange intensity in his voice.

"No, sir. Little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake them. There you go." Hagrid said while carefully picking up two bundles, which were revealed to be two babies wrapped in blankets, over to Dumbledore and McGonagall. A one year old boy and a young newborn girl around two months old.

"Albus, do you really think it's safe, leaving them with these people? I've watched them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are…"

"The only family they have."

McGonagall found herself puzzled by what he said because these muggles were not their only family. "They both had god-family. Heck! The girl had three god-parents!" She chose to remain quiet, however, even knowing it was wrong. "Dumbledore knows what he's doing," she told herself calmly.

They walk down a few houses before stopping outside a house, which reads 4 Privet Drive.

"This boy will be famous, as will the girl. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know their names." McGonagall told both her companions.

"Exactly. They are better off growing up away from all that. Until they are ready."

For a second, McGonagall could swear she saw something almost malicious in Dumbledore's eyes. "I must be seeing things," she scolds herself while shaking her head slightly, "Dumbledore would never hurt a child intentionally."

Dumbledore places the baby boy on the ground slowly, and McGonagall goes to place the newborn girl down next to the boy, only to notice she was awake and holding onto McGonagall's dress. She smiled at the baby girl, who looked petrified. The little bundle of blankets in her arms whines and starts to fouse, causing McGonagall to shush her.

"Now, now, there be none of that. You are safe here."

McGonagall faintly noticed that the baby was fusing a bit more each time Dumbledore got closer. "What could have her so afraid of him?"

Hagrid sniffles next to McGonagall, causing her and the baby in her arms to look at him. He clears his throat while giving the baby a sad smile. The little girl just blinks at him in response.

"There, there, Hagrid. It's not really goodbye, after all."

Hagrid nods as Dumbledore takes a letter and places it on the baby boy, who is now at the foot of the door. McGonagall hesitantly puts the now upset baby girl down next to her brother.

"Oh, the poor dear is so afraid," McGonagall thought while resisting the urge to pick her back up.

"Good luck... Harry and Angel Potter."

McGonagall once again looks at Albus with a worried look. She had never heard him speak like that before. It was almost sinister. She decides to ignore it again. "I need to get more sleep," she sighs while turning away following Dumbledore and Hagrid, "He is a good man and would never intentionally throw a child into a tough situation."

The baby girl next to the sleeping boy let out a few whines in hope that the lady that reminded her of her mother, with her soft touch, would come back… she never did respond to her cries.

***********************************
-Authurs note-
((Edited))