Nandini

NANDINI'S LIVING ROOM - DAY

Nandini is sitting on the couch, clutching onto a small bag of her belongings. Tears are streaming down her face as she stares off into the distance.

NANDINI (voiceover)
I can't believe everything that's happened. I thought I had it all figured out. I had the best friend and the man of my dreams. But now, I'm left with nothing.

Nandini's eyes fill with anger as she recalls the events that led up to her departure.

NANDINI (voiceover)
How could Manik believe those lies? How could he turn on me like that? And even worse, how could Navya choose to side with him? I thought we were best friends. But it seems like everyone was just using me for their own benefit.

Nandini takes a deep breath and dries her tears.

NANDINI (voiceover)
But I won't let them break me. I won't let their selfishness and ignorance define me. I need to get away from all of this. I need to find a place where I can start over and be myself again.

Nandini stands up and looks around the room.

NANDINI (voiceover)
That's why I'm leaving. I'm leaving this city behind and all the memories it holds. I'm going to Kasauli, where my parents used to take me on vacation when I was a child.

Nandini's face softens as she thinks of her childhood memories.

NANDINI (voiceover)
It's where I feel most at peace. And I hope that being there will help me find some clarity and direction. I need to figure out who I am and what I want from life.

Nandini takes one last look at her old life before picking up her bag and heading towards the door.

NANDINI (voiceover)
It's time for me to let go and move forward. And with time, maybe I'll be able to forgive those who hurt me. But for now, I just need to focus on myself and my own healing.

The girl who sat infront of me her gentle voice brings Nandini back to the present, and she meets the compassionate gaze of a stranger who seems to understand her pain.

NANDINI
(voice quivering)
Maybe... maybe I can find solace in a new friend. Maybe, just maybe, I can heal from these wounds.

Nandini takes a hesitant step toward Akshara, willing to give friendship one last chance, hoping that it might help her find the peace she so desperately seeks.