(Ch. 1) Leaving Home Behind

(Art by Me!)

The Collector POV

As The Collector flew away from the boiling isles they felt empty inside. 

I should be happy to return here, shouldn't I?

Even though they belong in the stars, The boiling isles had grown to be more of a home than up here. But they could stay in the Boiling Isles permanently, it was better for their mental health to have some alone time to think things over. Of course they would still visit on the weekends, but it would be better to start making their own choices. Even though they knew they had to stay up here, it still felt like they were leaving themself behind.

They landed on a star and sat there, staring at the universe around the,. The Collector took Francois out of their pocket and looked at the stuffed bunny. They remembered what King had told them when he gave them Francois. 

"You have to protect Francois, WITH YOUR LIFE!!!" King declared dramatically. "With my life? Isn't that a bit extreme?" The Collector replied. "Well the strong have to protect the weak! Not that Francois is weak though, he just needs time to become the mighty warrior that he is and while he becomes that warrior you need to protect him!" King replied. "Ok! I will protect Francois!" They said, then King hugged them.  "Pinky Swear?" King asked. The Collector gave him their pinky and they linked them. "Pinky Swear." 

The Collector missed King already, they missed the fun games, the pizza bagels, they missed Luz, and they missed the feeling of safety and friendship. They also missed knowing who they were. 

They started moving stars around to make different constellations, another thing they had done when they were younger and got bored. They made a little swirl and then quickly got bored again. Their eyes started to droop so they curled up on the star and let themself fall into a deep sleep, holding Francois close. 

The Archivists POV

Star, Moon, Planet, and Sun were doing their normal work. They were moving stars around and organizing their archives of collected species. As Moon was moving a nebula aside they spotted a swirl constellation in the distance. 

"Everyone come over here." They said and their siblings came over. "Did any of you make a new constellation?" Moon asked and they all shook their heads. 

"You know what that means..." Planet replied. 

"The Collector is back."

CLIFFHANGER!!!! I will post another chapter on Sunday :b