(Ch. 5) Scars

-TW's- Mention/Depictions of Self Harm, Mentions of possible past abuse, etc.

King POV

The Collector had left yesterday and after making the promise with them King had began to make another pendant for himself. He carved the symbol into the new pendant and attached it to his collar.

"There! Good as new!" King exclaimed to himself. Eda walked up to him and looked at the new pendant.

"Ooooooo Shiny! What happened to the old one?" The witch asked plopping down on the couch, letting her feet detatch from her body.

"I gave it to The Collector! They seemed like they needed it..." King replied looking at the table, then sitting down next to Eda, who looked at him questioningly.

"Why would they need it? Is it about what happened a couple days ago?" She asked and King looked up at her.

"Well um, you know those couple months where we were all living in the archives?" King asked Eda. "Yeah how could I forget being taken prisoner by a godly child?" Eda replied snickering to herself.

"Well The Collector never seemed... happy. I assumed they were living their dream, having no boundries and no rules. Me as their best friend, but they just never were..."

This made Eda sit up. "How could they not be happy? I mean, they had everything they've ever wanted, right?"

"Well i'm just scared for them, because... there were a couple moments where I was living with them that just concered me alot. Thats what showed me they wern't just a reckless child, it showed me that they had feelings..." King said, fiddling with his claws.

"I won't make you say anyhting if you don't want to, I kinda just want to know why you're so concerned for them." Eda said, giving King a comforting hug.

"I-Its good I'll tell you..."

(Flashback time!!! Also Self Harm TW)

King was just coming back from visiting Eda and Lilith. He opened the door to his and The Collector's room and walked inside, met with the horrification of purple blood.

What?

King quickly made his way over to the beds to find The Collector passed out on the floor. "Collector!!" King ran over to them and sat them up into a sitting position. King tried shaking The Collector but that didn't work. "C'mon C'mon!!! Wake up Collector!!"

Panic worked into King's heart, he hadn't run into anything like this before. Upon closer inspection King noticed the rugged cuts across their arms and old dark purple scars.

D-Did The Collector... C-Cut themself?! A-And w-what are t-these scars from...

King sat by The Collector and waited there until they woke up. After about an hour, The Collector's eyes started to flutter and then they opened. The Collector groaned and held their head. "Ugggg... W-Why does m-my head h-hurt..." King gave The Collector a big hug. "Collector!! Thank goodness you're ok!!"

The Collector was stunned at the sudden show of affection, they wern't really used to it anyway. King kept hugging them though and didn't stop. "H-Hey King, I g-get you're w-worried and all b-but umm y-you're s-squeezing too tight-"

"Oops! Sorry!" King said pulling away. Then King sat down next to the Collector again, picking up the piece of glass that was lying a couple of feet away. "W-Why w-we're y-you... ummm y-you know..." He asked showing the piece of glass to The Collector.

The Collector immediantly froze and stood up quickly. "Ahahahahahaha... I'm t-tired, w-we can t-talk a-about t-this later ya know!! G-Goodnight!!" The Collector quickly got into bed and faced away from King. King just got up onto the bed and gave The Collector a soft hug.

"Hey... I know you d-don't want t-to talk about it, b-but if you ever w-want to I just want y-you to know I-I will always listen..." The Collector sat up and hugged King back.

"T-Thanks b-buddy..."

(Flashback and TW ending)

As King finished explaining, his voice got a bit shaky and he hugged Eda. "S-Sorry, I'm just a b-bit emotional right now." The little titan said burying his face into Eda.

"Hey Hey its good... Its normal to get emotional when talking about these things." Eda said hugging King back and patting his back. They pulled away and King sat next to Eda cuddling close. "So thats why you're so worried about them..." Eda said.

"Not just that, but those old scars and the fact they never talked about their family. I know they have family too because of the storys I've read and the portraits they had around the archive. Thats why I gave them the pendant, because... because I thought it could help them hide from whoever is hurting them, which I assume is their family of some sort..." King said looking at his claws and fiddling with them again.

"Hey I'm sure they'll be ok... They even said that they were gonna come back on the weekends and if they don't, then we'll know that something happened ok?" Eda said trying to calm King down.

"Yeah, they'll be ok... I hope."

Next Chapter has some Hunter Angst :3

And The Collector gets a new look (Because they didn't get one in the timeskip >:( Which was sad, so I'm using a design I found on Google rip)

Ok I know this is gonna be confusing but the next chapter takes place three years later, so ummmm huge time skip!

^ I know I origanally said that last chapter but I needed to add this in for a tiny bit of context so I moved it to next chapter :3

Untill next time BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!