Underground (LORE PACKED)

Moons POV: 

Considering the amount of time we spent worrying over Ruin and Bloodmoon's release, it's safe to say me and Sun were both exhausted from all the recent events. It wasn't until the new AI gave us an update when we got back that I became the most anxious I'd ever been.

Staring down at my computer from the entrance of the daycare, I was just finishing up some work that I had been doing a little earlier. There wasn't much to it except moving files around and editing. I tell the AI to do some scanning throughout the daycare and the Pizzaplex if necessary, so it gets straight to work. After saving another file and being done with it, the AI responds back to me to report any issues. I hadn't expected anything new, but hearing it's news mortified me.

"My scan has been complete. I have found Eclipse's serial number located below the Pizzaplex." My AI reported.

I figured it meant the other Eclipse, you know, the good one, so I didn't think much of it and shrugged. "What's he doing in the old pizzeria?" I replied calmly.

"Moon, I ment our Eclipse."

If I could have stopped breathing, I would have. I froze and looked up from my computer. "What do you mean... our Eclipse..? He's dead. Don't play around like that."

"No, Moon, he is showing all signs of having perfect health."

I closed out all the files on my computer and put my hand over my head. "Oh god..." I couldn't think. He'd come back. This was a nightmare. "I gotta call Good!Eclipse." Before contacting him, I heard Earth walk in looking like her usual calm and collected self.

"What's wrong, Moon? I can tell you're stressed. You're overheating and your internal fans are going off." Her head tilted, analyzing me.

"We have an issue." This was going to be difficult to explain.

-

"Lunar and Sun aren't going to like this..." I exhale, knowing the dangers that could be faced. I had to brace myself and protect my sister at all costs.

"We have to be careful." Earth insured me. I explained our situation and we came up with a plan for a bunch of circumstances. But even after that, I still didn't feel ready.

We looked around at the dark, burned down pizzeria. It was all crumbled and filled with debris. We walked around for a little, and with no luck, we might as well have given up. That's when Earth spotted some metal bars by a dead end in a corner. We quickly walked over to investigate the metal bars. Stopping to peek inside was a face I didn't think I'd see again.

He didn't turn around or even acknowledge we were here. With the amount of noise we were making, I was sure he would have known we were here. It took a moment of shock and realization from him that he turned his head. He looked so emotionless staring at that wall, I could have easily thought he was dead.

We both stood there, wide eyed and speechless, but Eclipse spoke first. "It was only a matter of time before you found me."

"How are you still alive?" I kept my voice low.

"It's a long story."

Earth followed me over and peaked over the side next to me. She jerked back, surprised to see the familiar face.

"Well why don't you explain it?" I replied. Obviously I was mad if you hadn't caught up already.

Eclipse sighed but continued to explain with the same blank, emotionless stare that focused on the wall in front of him. He avoided all eye contact. "The Star. It transported me to its mind and gave a lecture. Then I just ended up here." It sounded as if he wanted to use the least amount of words possible.

I pulled Earth aside, whispering to her if she had an idea on what to do. "I don't really know, Moon. He doesn't seem to be doing any harm."

"It's probably an act. We can't trust him. We can never trust him." I snapped back, forgetting to keep my voice down so Eclipse wouldn't hear our conversation.

"I say we tell the others about this, at least Sun." Earth suggested.

"I guess you're right. I just don't want them freaking out about this. Eclipse, our Eclipse, is alive. After all the work we did, we still couldn't get rid of him. How many times can he escape death before coming up short and ending this game." Sighing, Earth gently places her hand on my arm and gives me a small smile.

"We'll figure this out," She assured, "as a family."

I look down at her hand, giving me a sense of comfort. My patience and hope was wearing thin. "I understand, Moon, but we can't lose hope now. Things can get better." It was like she was reading my thoughts.

I breathed up enough courage and headed back, this time revealing my full stance instead of peaking at the corner. Eclipse just continued to stare at the wall. "What do you want?" His voice was bland.

"We're keeping you here."

"Okay."

"Nothing to say?"

"No, not anymore. I have nothing. I've given up."

"So you're finally humbling yourself?"

No response.

This was really getting under my metal skin. I readjusted my hat and was about to continue but was interrupted by Eclipse with a comment I never thought I'd hear.

"I'm dying, Moon. But I won't ever fully die. The Star keeps me alive. He wants me alive, but I don't want to care anymore. Do what you want with me." There was no change in tone, just the same bland, depressed voice. I didn't know how to reply to this. What was I supposed to say?

Earth chimed in. "You don't have to think like that. I understand you weren't a good person, but maybe The Star gave you a second chance." Her words made me think.

Eclipse stayed silent. Soon enough and I'm fed up. I tell Earth we should leave to go tell Sun about this and she agrees. I don't think Eclipse wants anything to do with us and that's fine by me. I just hope he doesn't get into any trouble. By the way he's acting, I feel like that won't be too much of an issue. I wonder if he's in pain...

-

"He's alive?!" Was Sun's response. He starts rambling again on how horrible this was. Then again, he used himself as a power beam to chuck Eclipse through the portal so we could blow him up in Good!Eclipse's dimension, so I could understand his frustration. "How?!"

"He says that The Star transported him to it's head then revived him under the Pizzaplex."

"Under the Pizzaplex!??"

"I say it suits him." I comment sarcastically.

"And what's your plan for all this?" Sun crosses his arms, but still continues to fidget.

"We haven't figured out much, but we decided to keep him there for now as a sort of prisoner. What was interesting was that he said he was... dying, but that The Star wasn't letting him fully die or recover."

"Maybe The Star is far more powerful than we thought..." Sun looked away, pondering the statement.

"This is going to cause a lot of issues. I'm going to call Good!Eclipse."