~ Chapter 1: Once Upon a Lonely Day ~

It was quite the lonely day when Moon began to think about it, their meeting...how he met Sun. He was sat up on the platform above the ball-pit, simply swinging his legs and looking down upon the area. The daycare was closed for today, so no work was to be done. Everything was clean. There was nothing for him to do. He figured...why not explore the thought, remember it in its entirety, that day he woke up...that day he met his other half. Sun.

~

Moon recalled it correctly, every detail of the room and every nook, every cranny he had seen. It was like...photographic memory, it seems. Yet, that made sense...didn't it? he was an animatronic afterall, why would he not have photographic memory? a perfect, digital recreation of everything he had seen, everything he had observed. All of it was stored in memory, that dark...dusty room in the basement.

He was sat beside Sun in that room, that one room with the cylinder in it. The two were back-to-back inside the cylinder and Moon had awoken first. Without purpose. Without memory. Moon latched onto the first thing he saw upon looking around, Sun. He saw behind him sat another...looking just like him, but with yellow colouration and sunrays attached to his head in place of a hat. "He looks different..." Moon thought to himself, wondering why the other looked so strange yet...the same. Moon sat there for a good few minutes, pondering these thoughts...without knowledge that he was being observed. Watched, by a human. A human by a name none other than Linda. Linda the mechanic, a little nobody down in Parts & Services...tasked with activating the two attendants and giving them their duties. Their purpose.

On the other hand, Sun was inactive...awaiting life, joy, happiness. Moon reached a hand out to Sun, reaching behind him to hold the hand of the other...feeling an urge to protect and comfort deep within his circuitry. He placed his hand upon the other's, holding it gently. Moon squeezed the silicone ever so slightly, head tilted to the side with the slight jingle of the bell on the end of his hat. It was only then that the sun-themed animatronic behind him awoke. Sun rubbed his eyes, looking around before he noticed the hand on his own. "Strange..." Sun thought before looking behind him. He too, froze in silence. Just...staring at the other. The Sun and the Moon.

~

He snapped back to reality after this little daydream, looking out to the ball-pit below as his feet continued to swing. Moon smiled gently at the thought...his faceplate stuck in a permanent smile, a constant pain that he had to exist with every waking moment. Every day of his life, a reminder that he was supposed to be happy and nice. Every day of his life, a reminder that he was none of those things. Moon turned his head to look behind him, sensing his other half had awoken. And so he had.

Sun had awoken, sitting down beside Moon on the platform's edge...the two sharing a silent recognition of each other's feelings. Sun tilted his head gently, watching Moon with the same...stuck faceplate he always had. A smile. Yet, the sun's smile was genuine. Something Moon's was not...something Sun never knew. "You okay there, friend?" Sun would ask the other, a reassuring hand on Moon's own...a reminder he is indeed, not alone. Moon nodded...that smile becoming just a little bit more genuine by the second, feeling a gentle squeeze to his own hand...a reassuring reminder.

Although their world was small...the attendants had each other......from every waking moment, to every day's end. Never alone. Never a day too lonely.

You are not alone...

~ Chapter 1: End ~