~ Chapter 2: Finding Friendship In This Odd World ~

Sun always comforted Moon. Moon always comforted Sun. The two would often spend their time together, two attendants by day...two best friends by night. Like siblings, the two were. Neither wanted to leave the other, yet Moon had to go do his duties...he had duties to the Mega Pizzaplex, not just the daycare within. It was his duty to go work security by nightfall between 12am and 6am. Oh how Moon hated his time away from Sun, his one true light in this world...this odd world. And so the time came. He had to let go of Sun's hand. He had to go.

~

Moon watched Sun closely, a sun-themed hand rested over his own moon-themed one...a warmth in his core no others could replicate. He heard the bell toll, the digital clock in his systems changed to reveal the time. It was 12am, the first patrol. He had to go. The sun-themed animatronic's sunrays shrunk in slightly around his head, displaying his anxieties about being left alone. All alone in the daycare. No children to hold. No Moon to balance him. None. As if to comfort the other, Moon raised his hand out from under Sun's hand...gently brushing it against the other's faceplate in a reassuring manner, his permanent smile giving a soft calming aura that the other could understand.

Sun placed his hand over Moon's, not wanting to part...yet understanding the duties and responsibilities the other had. "Why can't I go too?" he often wondered, asking Moon this. Moon simply mimicked a human's sigh...his hand sliding down and away from Sun's faceplate as he looked away, repeating his usual excuse of "...You and I know the rules Sun, I'm sorry" Another sad excuse as to why he had to leave. Another goodbye that would be painful for the two. Another time...he'd see him again, he hoped.

So it was, Moon let the cable lower down from the ceiling and clip onto his back loop...bringing himself to a hover above the platform. Sun stood, hand reaching out for Moon as he winced...feeling the panic start to set in. Sun hated being alone, especially with the 'Lights Out Protocol' starting soon. It was the one thing he could not bare. The one thing Moon helped with. Moon watched his counterpart, giving sad eyes to the other...a longing stare, an understanding stare. Both knew this was their role, their job. Both knew it had to be. And so it was.

Moon left the daycare swiftly, not wishing to procrastinate anymore. He had a job to do. So he left Sun alone.

~

Minute by minute Sun had started to panic as the lights turned off in the room, pacing the shared room the two had...just waiting. He employed the use of his childcare programming, playing 'The Waiting Game' and counting to 100 to calm down. Sun could calm himself a bit, if only for a while...but it was painful, knowing he was never allowed to leave yet Moon could. He would hyperventilate if he were human...yet he was not, merely sitting down in the clutter of the small room...tugging at his sunrays, waiting for Moon. His one and only, Moon. His one...true friend in this odd world. He...wished he was here to comfort him. It was too dark.

Hours and hours on end, a carousel that never ends. Never stops, never falters...never waning like the moon in the sky. That which Sun could never see. That which Moon could never see.

Sun had to wait, doing everything he could as to not spiral into a panic. It wasn't as easy to calm himself as it were the children, so he spoke. "W-What would Moon do...what would Moony do?" Sun panicked as he asked himself this...waiting for his friend to return, a horrible time it was. The loneliness. The quiet. The unknown feeling of being watched. "...C-Come on, come on! think Sun...t-think!" he panicked again, tugging at the sunrays...looking around. Soon, he found himself laying on his stomach on the floor of the room amongst the clutter. Scribbling onto scraps of paper...anything......something, he needed a distraction. It was dark, too dark. He needed the lights on. Moon was not here.

Sun could feel his panic...his circuitry feeling muddled-up like a pig sty. Then...a familiar presence. "M-Moon?" The lights...turned on.

~ Chapter: 2 End ~