Chapter 14

Eda tried to clear her face from the tears, butt hey wouldn't stop. She didn't mean it, not at all. Raine saw her crying, eda turned to them still trying to clear her face. Raine immediately held eda in their arms as she cried. "Raine.. I-i messed up so bad.. " she Whimpered. "It's going to be okay.. Just give her time to cool off, and you two can go from there" eda nodded.

Meanwhile, Lilith was at home drinking tea, when she heard someone at her door. She wasn't expecting anything, or anyone so this caught her off guard. Lilith opened her door, and saw nakusa on her doorstep. Lilith was utterly shocked. " nakusa!?.. Oh my God, how did you get here!?" Nakusa looked up at Lilith. "Hey.. Auntie lily.. Can I stay for a bit?" Lilith was still confused to how nakusa got here, but didn't want her out at night by herself. "O-of course" Lilith brought in her niece, a s closed and locked her door.

Nakusa sat down on the floor, Lilith looked down at nakusa wanting to know the obvious. "How did you get here?" Nakusa sighed. "I took an Uber" Lilith was taken aback by this. "And.. They.. Just drove you?" Nakusa nodded. "They don't care as long as you have money" Lilith understood that but what she didn't understand was. "Why did you leave in the first place? It's the middle of the night, your mother must be having an entire panic attack right now" nakusa looked away from her aunt. "Pft.. Shes not worried about me.. Shes to busy getting intimate nin the living room" Lilith tilted her head. "Excuse me?" Nakusa nodded. "I saw her with Raine making out in the living room when you took me home.. We.. Had a fight.. And she said she wished she put me up for adoption when she had the chance" Lilith was dumbfounded, then started to process everything."nakusa.. Your mother.. When.. Shes upset, she tends to say things she doesn't mean" nakusa folded her legs to her chest. "Like hell.. " Lilith sat next to nakusa on the floor. "Thats no way to talk.. Especially about your mother" nakusa sighed.

Lilith didn't really know what to do in situations like this. "Well.. Just.. Take some time to cool off, but I do have to call your mother.. Shes probably looking everywhere for you" nakusa nodded, then went in her bag, pulled out her phone and headphones.

"Edalyn"

"H-hey lily.. Um.. This.. I-jsnt the best time right now"

"I know but.. Um.. Nakusa is at my house"

"SHES WHAT!? I THOUGHT SHE WAS LOCKED IN HER ROOM!!"

"Y-you didn't know she was gone?"

"No!! Ive been waiting for bet to cool down!"

"Well she's alright.. She made it safely, and doesn't seem hurt"

"I-i messed up so bad! A-and now she hates me! And ran away!?.. I didn't even know she was gone! I'm the w-worst mother in the world- I'm totally useless and-"

"Eda! Calm down!"

"Please take care of her! I-i cant-"

"Edalyn, your hyperventilating"

The call dropped, and Lilith sighed. "Nakusa.. Are you hungry?" Nakusa wasn't listening, she had headphones on, watching something on her phone, while eating cookies.

The next morning, nakusa was in the same spot. "Nakusa.. Did you sleep at all?" Nakusa shook her head. "No, I wanted to rewatch the war arc of Naruto" Lilith didn't really understand, but wanted to help with the situation. "Well.. Alright.. Have you bad time to cool off?" Nakusa nodded. "Good.. Good.. Can you tell me what happened?" 

Nakusa explained everything to Lilith, not sparing a detail, and swearing a lot. Lilith listened and tried her best to stay neutral about the situation. 

"I see.. Well it just seems you were both upset, and said things you didnt really mean" nakusa shrugged. "If.. You don't mind, why are you so protective of your mother?"  Nakusa looked down. "Do you know what.. Infantile amnesia is?"

 Infantile amnesia is?"

Lilith nodded. "Well.. I don't  have it"  Lilith was completely shocked by this.
"A-are you serious!? So.. How far back can you remember?"   Nakusa took a deep breath. "I.. Still have memories.. From inside the whom"  Lilith gasped. "Wow, t-thats amazing, but.. What does this have to do with anything?"   Nakusa looked Lilith in the eyes. "Mom.. Was.. Assaulted sexually.. Thats how she got pregnant with me"  Lilith covered her mouth. "W-what?!.. But.. S-she never told me that!"   Nakusa shrugged. "She.. Mentioned it to me when I was a baby.. Thats.. Why I don't like people who show interest in her"   Lilith smiled. "Thats very sweet..but honestly, Raine wouldn't do a thing to harm you mother.. They've been friends since we were kids" nakusa looked at Lilith. "So.. The stone age?"   Lilith sighed. "I'm not that old"  

Meanwhile, eda was at home pacing. Raine came back to comfort her, but ended up just watching her pace around.  "What if she never comes home!? What if she gets hurt!? What if she hates me!? Do you think she hates me!?"  Raine tried to answer, but eda continued. " I fucked up!! Raine what do I do!?" Raine again tried to answer but eda keep ranting. "I'm starting to worry about your mental health, calamity"   eda's mental health died many years ago..

About 30 minutes later, nakusa came in through the front door.   Eda just looked at her for a moment. Nakusa went to her room, as Lilith came in after her. "Lily! Oh my God thank you so much!"  Eda hugged her tight. "It's no problem.. But um.. I need to tell you something"  eda looked confused.  Lilith whispered something in eda's ear. Eda looked at Lilith, then nakusa's bed too  in shock. "Oh my God.. I.. A-are you serious?"   Lilith nodded then left.  

Eda sighed, and leaned on the door.  "Eda.. You okay?" Raine caressed her cheek as eda looked at them. "Yeah.. I'm okay"  eda said with a small smile.  Raine gave eda a small kiss, then looked at nakusa's door. "Hey, I need to go do something, but il call you Tomorrow, alright?"  Eda nodded, and kissed Raine on the cheek.  

Raine left, and eda headed into nakusa's room. " hey.. Kiddo.. Um.. You alright?"  Nakusa nodded. "Yeah.."
Eda sat down next to her, and strokes her hair. "Honey.. I'm.. So sorry for what I said.. I-i didn't mean it"  nakusa looked at eda. "I know, I just.. For mad"   eda nodded. "You know I love you right?"   Nakusa nodded. "I love you so much..but.. I don't need you to protect me" nakusa sighed. "I know, but I can't help it"  eda smiled. " your.. The best kid I could have gotten sand in so happy I kept you.. All to myself " nakusa chuckled. "Your cringy"   eda gave a smug smile. Nakusa sighed in annoyance. "You want to hug me.. Don't you"  eda nodded. "Pleasee, for your momma?"   Nakusa sighed. "Fine.. "   eda hugged her tight, then started kissing her head. "A-aye! I didn't consent to this!!!"    Eda started laughing. "C'mere!"  Nakusa tried struggling away, but eda wasn't budging.   "Baby.. I want both you and rai e in my life.. But.. You are my first priority" nakusa nodded. "If you wanna be a simp,but I reserve the right to back up plans incase it doesn't work out"    eda laughed. "Alright, il give you that, I love you baby"  nakusa scoffed. "Don't scoff at me!" Nakusa scoffed again. "Yeah.. Your my daughter"    eda gave her one last squeeze. 

The end