Chapter 176: Morning Cuddles

The morning sun streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the bedroom where Zane and Elena lay tangled in a web of cozy blankets. They had woken up in each other's arms, their bodies molded together as if they were two perfect puzzle pieces.

Elena stirred first, her eyelashes fluttering open to reveal the sight of Zane's peaceful face inches from her own. His eyes were closed, and his lips were curled into a contented smile. She couldn't help but admire the way the morning light played on his features, highlighting the strong lines of his jaw and the softness of his lips.

With a gentle sigh, Elena shifted closer to Zane, nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck. She inhaled deeply, savoring the scent of his skin mixed with the crisp, clean scent of the sheets. It was a scent that felt like home, like safety, like love.

Her movements roused Zane from his slumber, and he blinked his eyes open, his gaze immediately locking with Elena's. He greeted her with a sleepy smile. "Good morning, beautiful."

Elena smiled in return, her fingers tracing lazy patterns on his chest. "Good morning, handsome."

Without a word, they wrapped their arms around each other, holding each other close. There was no rush, no agenda, just the simple pleasure of being together. Zane pressed a soft kiss to Elena's forehead, and she let out a contented sigh, nestling even closer.

They lay there in comfortable silence, their fingers tracing soothing circles on each other's backs. The world outside seemed to fade away as they reveled in the intimacy of the moment. It was a morning ritual they cherished, a reminder of the deep connection that bound them.

As the minutes turned into hours, they shared stories, whispered sweet nothings, and laughed at inside jokes. Zane's fingertips danced along Elena's arm, leaving a trail of tingling sensations in their wake. Elena traced her fingers along the contours of his chest, marveling at the feel of his heartbeat beneath her touch.

Eventually, hunger called them to action. With a reluctant sigh, they began to disentangle themselves from their cozy cocoon of blankets, but not before a final lingering kiss that spoke volumes of their love.

The memory of those precious morning cuddles would carry them through the day, a reminder of the love that filled their lives, and a promise of more intimate moments to come.