Chapter 177: Pillow Talk

After their morning cuddles, Zane and Elena found themselves still wrapped in the warm embrace of their cozy blankets. The sun had fully risen, casting a gentle glow into the room. With soft smiles, they settled into a comfortable position, propped up against a mountain of pillows.

Elena leaned her head against Zane's shoulder, her fingers tracing aimless patterns on his chest. "I love moments like these," she murmured, her voice soft and filled with affection.

Zane ran his fingers through her hair, his eyes filled with adoration. "Me too. There's something about lazy mornings that just make everything feel perfect."

They fell into a companionable silence for a moment, content to be in each other's presence. Outside, the world bustled with activity, but in their cocoon of blankets and pillows, it felt like time stood still.

Elena's fingers found their way to Zane's, and their hands intertwined. "You know, I was thinking," she began, her eyes meeting his.

Zane raised an eyebrow, curiosity dancing in his gaze. "What were you thinking?"

She smiled, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Well, we've been together for quite a while now, and there are still so many things I want to know about you."

Zane chuckled softly. "Like what?"

Elena's smile turned playful. "Like, what's your most embarrassing childhood memory?"

Zane pretended to ponder for a moment. "Hmm, well, there was this one time when I was about seven years old, and I decided to climb a tree to impress a girl I had a crush on."

Elena's eyes widened with interest. "Go on."

Zane shook his head, laughing. "Let's just say that my climbing skills weren't quite up to par, and I ended up stuck in the tree for hours until my dad had to rescue me."

Elena burst into laughter, her body shaking with mirth. "Oh, that's priceless! And did the girl you were trying to impress rescue you with a kiss?"

Zane grinned. "Unfortunately, no. She was too busy giggling with her friends."

They shared stories like this, trading embarrassing moments and childhood memories, their laughter filling the room. It was a form of intimacy that went beyond physical closeness-it was the sharing of their pasts, their quirks, and their vulnerabilities.

As the morning turned into afternoon, their conversation grew deeper. They talked about their dreams, their fears, and the moments that had shaped them into the people they were today. It was a kind of pillow talk that went beyond the mundane and ventured into the profound.

And as the day continued, they realized that these moments of connection were the ones that truly mattered. In the quiet of their room, surrounded by pillows and love, they discovered that their love grew stronger with each passing moment, each whispered secret, and each shared laugh.