BNHA x WandaVision

Can I Still Catch up To You, Izuku?

Clouds cover the sky over Musutafu as Izuku hops from building to building trying to reach the battle with Shigaraki, as he arrives, he spots Bakugo lying on the ground, hole in his chest. Shigaraki laughs as he goes in for an attack. “Ka…chan...”, says Izuku as he drops to his knees before Bakugo. “Deku-…” says Best Jeanist before he was interrupted by a blood-curdling scream from Izuku. Izuku clutches Bakugo’s limp body to his chest as rivers flow from his eyes. Suddenly a bright red energy begins spews out of Izuku. “FALL BACK!”, yells Aizawa and Best Jeanist as they retreat trying to avoid this wave of energy. Shigaraki, surprised with yet another new quirk from Deku, decides to retreat as well and try to regroup with the others. Aizawa tries to use his quirk on Izuku, but is knocked out by flying debris. Jeanist catches him as they continue their ascent back to U.A. Jeanist tries to grab the Big Three and Mirko but he doesn’t reach them in time as they are engulfed in the energy field produced by Izuku.

Inside the energy field, Izuku remembers the American sitcom marathon that he and All Might had during his time training with him, and the comfort that they brought him during the hard times. Izuku then resurrects Bakugo and builds a 1950’s house around them and then the energy field expands. In that moment, Monoma portals to U.A. and saves Jeanist and Aizawa, just as the energy field engulfs U.A. as well as Musutafu and the people inside. U.A. falls to the ground and becomes a huge apartment complex. Once everything settles. Izuku opens his eyes, and Bakugo is standing before him in 1950’s attire. “Took you long enough to come home, nerd.”, says Bakugo smiling.

“That was close.”, says Jeanist. The trio stands just outside of the red sphere that has formed around the town of Musutafu. “Can your quirk disable it, Eraser?”. asks Jeanist, “No, I can’t see him because of the energy field.”, responds Aizawa. Just then Detective Tsukauchi and Principal Neku arrive in a helicopter. “What’s wrong Detective?”, asks Aizawa, “It appears that all of the lieutenants have decided to retreat as Shigaraki did.”, says Tsukauchi. “So, what now?”, asks Monoma, “We are going to have everyone regroup so we can devise a plan on how to handle, what I have decided to call, the [Midoriya Anomaly].”, says Nezu.

With the help of Momo, The remaining members of Class 1A and Tsukauchi's entourage set up camp outside of the dome, in a series of military grade tents equipped with various machines and a few living quarters.

In the common area of one of these living quarters, Aizawa and the others explain the situation to Class 1A, “WHAT?! What do you mean he’s gone.”, yells Kirishima falling to the ground, “Bakugo.”, says Shoto bowing in respect for his fallen friend. “I’m going to kill him!”, yells Kirishima racing out of the room. Aizawa stops him however, “Kirishima I know this is hard-…” “NO! You guys tried stopping us when they kidnapped him.”, Kirishima says, getting in Aizawa’s face. “What would your plan be exactly? Go up to Shigaraki and punch him in the face?”, says Aizawa, his voice cracking. Kirishima relaxes and walks over to Mina and Denki; they all comfort each other.

Just then Momo runs in, “Guys you’re not going to believe this.”, she exclaims. They all run over to her room, “I was just on a video call with my grandparents and they were watching television when their broadcast was interrupted by, what they described as an “I love Lucy” style show…so I decided to create a vintage television set and-…” “Oh my god is that? -…”, asks Iida, “I can’t believe it.”, says Mina. On the screen were Izuku and Bakugo in the middle of a 1950’s American sitcom scene.

END