Time Travel: Phoenix

Four villains. One with a sticky quirk, two with strength quirks, and one with a bouncing quirk. All in all, not a very hard fight for the Wonder Duo. Pro hero’s Deku and Dynamight make quick work of capturing the villains, then it was on to evacuating the citizens.

Katsuki used to not care so much for this part. Fighting villains was where the action was, it’s what his quirk was good for, it’s what he knew. But this? Taking care and reassuring citizens that got trapped in the crossfire? Not one of his strengths. He could admit that now, that he had areas he needed to improve to be a better hero, a better person. So he put in the work, like hell was he not going to be the best. The best hero and the best hero partner. So he was working beside Deku, helping carry any injured civilian to safety, when it happened.

The sound hurt Katsuki’s ears, that’s how loud it was. His ears, that had developed to be resistant to the sound of his explosions, but this boom made his head hurt like hell. Just when it felt like the ringing in his ears stopped another boom rang out. It caused the unstable rubble to shift dangerously around them.

“I’ve got evacuation. You go.”  Izuku told him. Katsuki didn’t actually hear the words but he could read his lips well enough. A few small explosions lifted him back up to street level and didn’t risk upsetting the precarious rubble.

On the street there was another fight raging. It was three on one, but the one; a hero Katsuki had never seen before, was easily holding her own against the others. Katsuki ran to her side. 

The girl had lilac hair, almost like eye bags but brighter. Her hero costume consisted of combat boots like Katsuki’s, black cargo pants like Katsukis held up with a burnt orange belt, and a sleeveless turtleneck that was a deep green color. So this new hero was no doubt a fan of the wonder duo, the only original coloring on her costume was the lilac pockets on her cargo pants and the black and lilac arms braces and gloves she wore.

Katsuki tried to connect to her frequency with his com, but it didn’t work. She must have broken hers or something, all heroes worked on compatible and encrypted frequencies. The hero had managed to pin the three villains to a wall. Katsuki blasted his way over to her side.

“What are we looking at?” He asked her. Her head turned towards him, mouth open to reply but when she laid her eyes on him they went wide with shock. Katsuki glared, now was not the time for a fangirl moment. Her eyes narrowed at his expression and she glared right back. Katsuki was taken aback.

“Dynamight, do not engage. You have to let me take these guys solo, they’re-” But Katsuki didn’t let the girl finish.

“Look kid, now is not the time for an ego trip. You need-”

“For you to shut up and stay out of the way. That one-” She pointed to the meek looking man in the middle. The only thing threatening about him was the gun in his hands.

“Has a time travel quirk, if you engage in this fight you will fracture the timeline. I have to fight them alone. Understand?” Her tone was absolute, it reminded Katsuki of Deku’s hero voice. The confidence and stern certainty. The absolute authority that demanded obedience. This girl was a hero all right.

 Katsuki gave her a reluctant nod.

“It’s three against one.” He pointed out.

“Don’t worry, I’m not the number one hero for nothing.” She assured him, then she turned and without another word she raced into battle.

Katsuki could only watch as the lilac hero fought against the villains ruthlessly. There was a fiery determination in her eyes. Her first step was to disarm the little man with the gun. She dipped and dodged through his team mates. A super jacked girl that crushed the concrete with her fists whenever she brought them down on a spot that just a second before was occupied by the lilac hero.