⚠️Omegaverse Version 4 (18+)⚠️

//"You'll find him roaming aimlessly, barren fields and soft features. Cold waters and endless nights, yet your hearth and heart will be warm. The world will be dull, and the life will be stripped - like the bark of a dying tree awaiting its savior," The woman said, her wrinkly hands drifting over Katsuki's hands, scoring the lines of his palms with sharp, yellowed fingernails. Katsuki fought the urge to cringe but allowed the woman to pet the inside of his palm. He didn't dare disrespect the elder seer, as she was the only one to be able to find his fated one - his soulmate.//

Katsuki grunts as he walks through the barren lands full of snow and nothing else. He had been walking for days; his coats caked in frigid, caked-on snow blowing through the frigid winds. He had walked through - and over - frigid lakes, frozen solid, daunting forests, and murky swamps. All for one thing - to find his soulmate. It wasn't an easy task, hadn't been for the past, what, five years?

Ever since that day - the day he had gotten his prophecy about his mate, fated, soulmate, whatever - he had been going on long, arduous adventures through many lands. From that, he had found people who seemed to stick to him like sap and were hard to shake. They were... alright, but he refused their company on his months-long journeys every time he set out. No matter how much they tried to pry for the reason for his frequent trips, he was tight-lipped about it. It was like speaking of your wish when you blow out a candle; it was almost taboo. He feared if he talked about it he would be cursed to never find his fated one, staying worlds apart or even feet apart but never meeting due to speaking about it.

He knew that was probably not true, but he didn't want to jinx that shit. He had a habit of jinxing whatever the fuck he was doing, and it always ended badly for him.

-----

"Shit!" Katsuki bared his fangs in annoyance, shaking his quivering hands out. He had just dropped his torch, the last thing he wanted to do. He didn't mean to do it, per se, but the cramp in his hand, which he held the torch with, had finally caught up to him and cursed him just as the last rays of viable light from the setting sun washed away. He stared down at the torch as the rapidly wetting smoldering bands of fabric slowly melted the cold snow around the wooden torch. He wasn't sure what he would do now; the wind was starting to pick up, and so was the never-ending downfall of snow. Not only was Katsuki's torch - which had fallen less than five seconds ago - was starting to get buried in the rapidly falling snow, Katsuki had no sense of direction to find himself a proper campsite he could settle down in and wait for the few hours of daylight to break in no less than eight hours from now. But that begged the next fucking problem in his never-ending quest to find his fated.

Where the fuck was he even going to stay?

There was nothing around him as far as he could see. Which, granted, was not that far, but it was still a good distance! The world around him was barren and quiet. Packed with knee-high snow and a desolate plane of nothing. Everything felt fucking useless at this point; with no way to return to his previous barren campsite and nothing even semi-safe in the distance, Katsuki felt fucking dejected. He was cold, stranded, and tired.

"Fuck..." Katsuki whispered, allowing the whispered words full of anger and pain to wash away with the frigid wind running along his body. His teeth chattered loudly in the cold dark emptiness of the tundra he was stuck in. Katsuki gritted his clattering teeth together hard, feeling the sharp ache of pain rush through his jaw as he roughly kicked at the snow-covered torch. "Fuck you! FUCK!" Katsuki growls into the cold nothing, hearing the sickening snap of the brittle wood buckle under his stomping feet. He heaved for air after the rush of adrenaline burst through his veins, leaving him huffing and coughing for air, lungs aching with each influx of frigid air entering his body.