Welcome Home

Izuku comes home from a late, 8 hour shift of patrolling and other hero work, to see all the lights in his and Katsuki’s shared apartment off except the microwave light in the kitchen. Usually, they tend to keep the dining room light on when the other has a late shift, so they don’t have to be walking in the dark. That’s why this time, Izuku is a bit confused as to why he is being greeted with darkness.

He puts down his bag and takes off his shoes, not caring that it's not properly put away, and starts walking down the hall to where their shared bedroom is. He stops when he sees a dim light coming out from underneath the door of their pup’s room.

He slowly opens the door to see Katsuki sleeping in the rocking chair, while holding their pup in his arms, with her also sleeping. Izuku looks at the two with complete awe, releasing sweet and happy pheromones, and also deciding on whether or not to take a picture of this wholesome moment.

As he took more of this moment in, he noticed the eye bags underneath the alpha’s sleeping eyes. He was contemplating on letting the other sleep there peacefully, but he knew that Katsuki had an early shift the next morning and wouldn't really appreciate the sore back muscles.

The omega slowly walked over to the two in the chair, and tried taking Izumi out of the other’s arms, when the alpha started to stir and tightened his grip a little on their pup. “It’s okay Kacchan, it’s just me.” he whispered in the other’s ear. Seeing how Katsuki was awake just enough to hear it, he let his arms go loose to let the omega take the pup, and put her in her crib.

Once done, Izuku walked back over to the barely awake Katsuki, and started giving him soft little kisses all over his cheeks. The alpha’s eyes started to flutter open, and turned his head a bit to face the omega better. “Izuku?” Katsuki said weakly, coming out of sleep. He whispered back, while cradling the alphas face in his hands, “Yes Kacchan, it’s me,” he smiled softly, “come on let’s get you to bed.” The alpha nodded slowly and closed his eyes again, but still finding enough strength to get out of the rocking chair. They turned off the light and walked out of their pup’s room, making their way to theirs. 

Katsuki stopped halfway and grabbed Izuku’s waist from behind and rested his head on the other’s shoulder and closed his eyes. “Come on Kacchan we are almost there.” Izuku whispered with a slight chuckle. When he heard no response he turned his head to look at his alpha and whispered again. “Kacchan? You okay?” The alpha turned his head so his nose was near the omega’s scent glands and just breathed in the scent of his mate, and smiled. “Just wanted to say welcome home, nerd.”

END