Chapter 4

We watched as the bikes took off down the hole shot. I tried to find Haiden but there were to many people making the turn until I finally saw him he was in third. I watched him as he made the jumps look effortless. I continued to watch his every move going down the track. He was fast but None of us knew what was going to happen. Joe Shimoda was his main competitor today as Hunter Lawarance dropped out of the race last minute due to injuries. I was hoping Shimoda didn't do anything to hurt Haiden as they weren't the best of friends. I personally think Shimoda is jealous of Haiden because of how young Haiden is the amount of talent he has. As the timer ran down from 20 minutes to 10 Shimoda was right on Haiden's rear tire. Haiden was now in fourth because he messed up a turn and got passed. Shimoda cut the turn really sharp almost running into Haiden. I gasped for air as I Haiden almost crashed. The crowd was baffled to say the least as you could hear them gasp and start talking.

There was one lap to go and Haiden couldn't catch Shimoda enough to pass. I personally was still very proud of Haiden for the way he was racing. Haiden came in 5th which I thought was still good. As Haiden crossed the finish line everyone cheered as did I.

"Alright Madi, let's go meet Haiden back at the trailer." Hailey wrapped her arm around mine.

We walked all the way back to the trailer where Haiden was undoing his boots.
"That was a good ride but, you have to beat Shimoda next race if you want to win the championship." Hid dad lectured in a way.

"I know dad." Haiden seemed upset.

Haiden and his dad went somewhere to talk so I went inside the trailer and sat down on the couch watching TikTok. After about 10 minutes Haiden walked in looking pissed off. I stayed quiet because I have heard stories about Haiden when he is pissed. He looked at me and sat down on the couch.

"Whatcha watching?" Haiden leaned in.

"Apex clips." I looked at him.

"You like Apex?" He looked at me funny.

"Yeah, I personally love Apex." I smiled.

"No way, Apex is like my thing." He smiled.

"We should play sometime then."  I blushed.

"obviously." He laughed.

"So do you play ranked or do you stay in pubs?" He asked scooting closer.

"I got to Preditor in ranked so I have just been chilling in pubs making men cry." I scooted closer.

"No way you're a Preditor." He looked shocked.

"Oh yeah, hand me an R-301, or an alternator, or a nemesis and your done." I laughed.

"Ok, then who do you main?" He looked interested.

"Ok hear me out Fuse, or Loba." I out my hands up in defense.

"I can see you as Loba but not Fuse." He laughed.

"Why not Fuse is so good." I was trying to focuse.

"Fuse is usually played by dudes." He smiled.

"I know but I like Fuse so I can blow stuff up." I laughed.

"That is so true." He laughed.

"Let me guess you main Revenant or Octane." Typical man choice.

"Hell no, I personally am a Mad Maggie or Wattson main." He looked offended by my statement.

"WATTSON!" I basically fell in love with this man.

"Yes, how are you so surprised about that." He laughed.