CHAPTER TWO

It was 5:30 am the next morning, Imlie opened her eyes slowly the next morning, it felt like she was having a slight headache she laid down trying to recall where she remembered the events of the previous day. From the incidents to Aryan ending up in the hospital to meeting Aditya at the Temple, Aditya’s words, Aryan’s outburst at the hospital and her confrontation with Aryan to leaving the house just then it dawned on her that she was kidnapped last night from the hermitage.
But where is she now, she sat up on the bed swiftly, looking around she realized she was in her room at the Rathore mansion.

“How did I get here?”

“Good morning Imlie” came a familiar voice from the couch. She looked towards the direction and saw Aryan sitting on the couch, seems he spent the night in her room.

“What are you doing here, what am I doing here, did you kid….”

Aryan stood up with all speed approached her bed side.  “Enough Imlie, get up and get ready for work we don’t want to be late to the office”, he turned his back to leave the room.

Is this man serious, is that all he is going to say after all that happened last night.

“Mr. Rathore, I asked a question, I know I left the house last night, someone kidnapped me from the hermitage last night, were you the one?”

Aryan stopped in his track door he was about to open it, he looked up for a second, looked down and turned to look at her.

“You should ask the guard at the gate. Imlie do one thing for me and for the sake of your Amma, do not leave the house again. Stop thinking of leaving this house it is for your own safety and for the people who care about you”.

Now she was confused he wasn’t answering her question, he didn’t answer her last night and now he is being concerned about her safety. She is sure she was kidnapped last night but why is Aryan acting all cool.

After freshening up and came out of the bathroom, she saw a box on her bed, it contained a sea green straight kurti with floral print and magenta piping and a potli at the neck, a simple white hosiery legging, A pink dupatta with stones and mirrors all over with gold gotta border.
She ignored the box wondering who must have kept it here, turned to leave when a note on the bed caught her attention;
“I guess you might have nothing to wear, manage this for now”.
Truly she had nothing to wear, last, she remembers her box was at the hermitage, whoever sent this she will find out later bought first she needed to speak with the security guard.

She got dressed quickly and went down seems Kaki maa was in the kitchen, she rushed out towards the gate and met the security guard. On her way-out Arpita saw her and was shocked, she had left the house last night, how come she is here this early in the morning and what’s with the new outfit, she followed her and heard her speaking with one of the guards.

“Achak ji good morning” Imlie greeted

“Imlie good morning, thank goodness you’re awake, you scared us last night”.

“I scared you, what happened, Achak ji I left the house last night I was surprise to see I was back at the mansion this morning”.

“Not this morning Imlie, last night I was walking around when I heard a sound beside the gate, I came closer to take a look when I saw you lying down unconscious by the gate.
I tried waking you up but you weren’t even moving, I thought you were dead so I called Dolly to go call Aryan Sir from the house. He came out, touched you and said you were alive that’s when he took you into the house”.

“You mean ABP was at home all through the night?”

“Imlie you were the last person that left the house last night, I thought you weren’t coming back until I saw you at the gate, what happened how did you get to the gate while unconscious?”.