CHAPTER EIGHT

“Adi you shouldn’t say such things about her, you know she has been nothing but nice even though you treated her unfairly” Arpana tries to reason with an infuriated Aditya.

“Mom you don’t understand it, Aryan said it to my face that he makes love to her”

“Did he mention her name, did you speak to Imlie, did she confirm it herself?”

“He didn’t mention her name directly but he told me he…. I can’t even ask Imlie because she avoids me, she hardly answers my question properly”

“I don’t understand you Bhai, Imlie is a single lady and young at that she can live her life and date whomever she chooses, why do you think she owes you an explanation to what’s going on between her and Aryan Singh Rathore?” Rupali cuts in

“I was her husband Rupi I brought her to the city, whatever happened was wrong yes but now I want her back she can at least hear me out…”

“she doesn’t owe you anything Bhai, remember when she was standing at that door wanting to explain herself but you didn’t give her the chance. If she has moved on, please just let her be happy”

“Happy with Aryan, he doesn’t love her, he is only taking advantage of her innocence, in fact I don’t think Imlie is innocent at all, she has completely changed, her attire and looks has changed completely, most times she wears western cloths to work”

“It’s her life Adi, if you want Imlie back you need to control your anger and stop judging her” Nishant chips in

“He is taking her out of India next week, they are going to Vancouver”

“What, you can’t be serious Adi” Rupi exclaims

“I am serious, he is doing everything to impress her and Imlie is falling for him”

“Oh my God Adi who wouldn’t? Aryan Singh Rathore, every girl dreams to have him. I can’t believe he is all over Imlie out of all the classy girl Indian”

“My point exactly, he is just taking advantage of her, Imlie shouldn’t be his type”

“Adi its not about being his type, must be something he sees Imlie that attract his to her, you know how Imlie is and Aryan might end up grooming Imlie into ‘his type’ since he doesn’t mind being seen in public with her” Nishant opines which gaining a glare from Aditya.

**********

“I want to you to keep a close watch and make sure you are not noticed to avoid suspicions” Aryan speaking on the phone to someone on the other end

“Yes, Boss we are on it”

Some knocks at the door and comes in. Aryan is typing away on his phone standing close to the window

“Yes, Shilpa what is it?” Aryan asks still looking at his phone

“Sir you have a call from the Canada, it’s a lady her name is Hailey”

“Connect her to me” Aryan replies and heads back to his chair waiting to get on the line as Shilpa leaves.

“Hello Miss Hailey”

“Good day Mr. Rathore, I just called to inform you that all preparation has been made and we have a good number of people registered”

“That’s good let me know if there is anything needed”

“Okay Sir”

Aryan puts down the telephone and goes back to working on his laptop.

************