CHAPTER FIVE

For five days now Imlie has been avoiding Aryan, the only time they get share a space is while riding to the office in the morning. Imlie always leave the office before Aryan and take rickshaw home which miffed Aryan. It was on the third after close of work that he instructed his driver to come take her home and he did that for the rest of the week.

Aryan wasn’t having it well, though he always sneaked into her room every night to spend sometime watching her sleep, he still was not feeling good not having to hear her chatter and irritate him while riding to work or even at work, she was clearly keeping a distant from him and he had a plan up his sleeve to end the weird silence between not until they had an unexpected visitor during the weekend.

Imlie on her own side was trying her best to investigate the Arvind’s case and was close this close to finding the truth but there is a missing puzzle. She wanted Aryan’s help in order to find out who could have possibly been in contact with the Rathores and Purandas as at the time the incident took place, but she couldn’t approach him in private neither could she speak to him at the dinner table not to upset Kaki Maa or Arpita but she was avoiding him, she was not understanding what happens to her entire system whenever she was close to Aryan alone hence avoiding him was the best option for now. It was already difficult for her to ride to the office with him every morning.

It was on a Saturday mid-morning; everyone was present in the sitting room. Aryan was working on his laptop sitting on the couch as an excuse to stay close and steal glances at Imlie instead of working from his study, while Imlie was sitting on the dining busy with school work, Narmada and Arpita discussing.
The security guard called on the landline requesting permission to let in an unexpected guest which Narmada was surprised to hear of but she permitted them to let the guest in.

“Aru baby!!! Came a voice from the entrance of the Rathore mansion, everyone looked towards the door to a lady entering the house with a 3 years old child a boy precisely. Shortly one of the guards followed behind with her luggage
Everyone seemed to be happy to see her except Aryan, after pleasantries and welcomes they sat on the couch. Imlie was still seated at the dining occasionally staling glances at the gorgeous woman who just arrived.
Imlie had some strange feeling towards which she didn’t understand but hey she is about to find out what that feeling is.

Narmada: Preeta dear ever since you travelled back to be with Neela you never came back to see us for years now, what happened?

Preeta: Aunty I am sorry it was never my intention to disappear just like that, but my condition as at then forced me to leave, I was ashamed of myself.

Arpita: what happened BD did we offend or neglect you in anyway?

Preeta: No not at all sister Arpita, I…  I was

Narmada: talk to us Beta what was the problem and who is this lovely boy.

Preeta: Aunty he is you grandson, I was pregnant when I left 4 years ago.

Everyone in the room was shocked to hear this news.

Preeta: Aunt I found out I was pregnant for Aru baby, I didn’t know how to break the news to anyone giving the tragedy that struck at that time so I left, when I found out all relocated to Mumbai I was still skeptical if I should reach out or not.
Everyone back then knew that Aryan and Preeta were dating back then so the news of them having a child didn’t seem strange.
While the rest of the discussion between the ladies was going on Aryan was still unmoved and unaffected by the news that was just released, the only time he looked up from his laptop was to steal a glance at Imlie and he couldn’t help but feel grateful for what his eyes saw. Imlie had tears building up in her eyes which she tried very hard to hide although no one else saw her.