CHAPTER FOUR

TRIPATHI HOUSE

“Wawoo Imlie, you look stunning” Rupali exclaimed seeing her ex-sister inlaw who just came into the building

“Thank you Rupi didi you look good too”

“Imlie, you look gorgeous, if I wasn’t married, I would have considered marrying you” Nishant working towards the 2 women who were exchanging pleasantries.

Aryan in his monitoring at the basement, keeping a hawk like watch over Imlie on the big screens overhearing the conversations through Imlie’s phone which he hacked.
Hearing Nishant talk about marrying Imlie, he replies to himself
“Thank your stars you are married loser. Seems all Tripathi fuckers find it difficult to settle with one woman”.

BACK TO THE TRIPATHIS
They escorted Imlie into the party after welcoming Narmada and Arpita.
The rest of the Tripathis welcomed Imlie, the party kicked off and everyone was having fun, Aditya on the other hand was restless, he wanted to speak to Imlie but she wasn’t paying any attention or looking towards his direction.
After Rupi and Imlie danced and the cake was cut.
Imlie received some gift items from some f her colleagues who were presents, few of her course mates from school were in attendance and the night wouldn’t be complete with a gossip.
Her course mates standing on one side of the hall watching as Imlie feed cake to Rupi, Nishant and the rest of the Tripathis.

Munisha: Kabir, am I the only one that finds this strange?

Kabir: what do you mean?

Naya: Munisha what do you find strange?

Munisha: Professor Chatruvedi used to be a daughter in-law of this family, back then she claimed Imlie was the other woman in her marriage.

Naya: Yes, that happened some months ago, but they later found out Imlie was actually the first wife. I really don’t know the story too well, what’s the problem.

Munisha: But now they are divorced right and he accused her of having an affair with her boss and married Professor Chatruvedi.

Kabir: Yes, and I hear he is at the verge of divorcing her too.

Munisha: So if Imlie had an affair with her Boss, why are they treating her like a goddess, I mean she is their ex daughter in-law and still they organized a birthday Party for her and even invited the mother and sister of her Boss. I don’t see any form of tension between them, it even looks like their son is desperately seeking for Imlie’s attention look over there and watch him.
They all turned towards the direction were Aditya is standing, looking towards Imlie hoping she could glance at him.

Naya: guys I think that rumor was a lie, no mother inlaw will treat and ex daughter in-law the way this family is treating Imlie. I guess it was huge misunderstanding on Mr. journalist’s part.

Kabir: And the family of the said Boss still let Imlie stay at their place, meaning Imlie must be a nice girl and the rumors are false. You know what amazes me is that she never tried to defend herself.

Naya: Yes I agree with you Kabir, I never liked the fact that Imlie was married to that old man, jeez but her boss De Aryan Singh Rathore, forget about having an affair with him if I get the chance that Imlie has I don’t mind being whatever he wants me to be for him. I mean Aryan Singh Rathore one of the youngest Millionaires we have in India.

Munisha: Naya do you think he would ever take a second look at someone like Imlie?

Kabir: You never can tell, Imlie is really beautiful and she is a nice independent girl.

Naya: whatever let’s enjoy the party.

Imlie was discussing with Rupi and Arpita, they were taking pictures when Aditya approached Imlie, she handed her phone over to Arpita to help her take pictures of her and Rupi.