FOUR

My blankets are tangled between my limbs. Trapping the heat I had built up all night. I almost didn't want to leave the bed, but only for my stomach holler for food I wasn't going to.

I slipped out of my bed, the sheets falling from my legs and falling to the hard wood floor.

I yawned, glancing around the heated room. The sun wasn't up that long, judging by its position in the sky - and yet still, it managed to heat up every corner of my room. I blinked, feeling the slight feel of a breeze brush against my exposed skin. I froze, limbs locked as my heart thundered against my breast bone.

My cabins door is open just a crack, leaving enough room for a cool breeze to travel in. Opening the door much wider.

I could have sworn I closed my cabin door last night. Ever since Mabel's break in a few years ago, I've been hyper fixated on safety. Especially being out here on the lake surrounded by strangers. But I can barely remember climbing into bed last night. All types of emotions were rushing through me. Maybe in the heat of the moment I forgot to close it properly, and then the wind or the wild life had opened it.

My stomach hollered, jumping me out of my state of staring at the slightly ajared door. Almost as if staring would give the answers I was looking for.

Wiping the sleep from my eyes. I put on the nearest piece of clothing.

I wasn't going to risk getting sunburned with the little amount of sunblock we have. My skin burns easily and takes an extremely long amount of time to recover. I remember the last time I had sunburn. It wasn't pretty. It took weeks for me to even be able to lay down without nearly crying.

I smiled, remembering how I had taken a week's worth of cold showers hoping to prevent blisters from appearing. But of course, my attempts were just that. I could laugh, even though I got burned, and it looked like my twin was a lobster. I didn't get a tan like all the other students.

God knows how much work I'll have to do when we return home. That is if Connor and Mabel found a telephone. Judging by how well the lights were working last night.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the two did forget to call them. Their focus - especially during brakes, always was on having fun and letting loose. I couldn't do that. No matter how much I wanted to. But by the looks of it, the dream brake wouldn't happen with both Mabel and Connor hanging out with the drug users.

Everyone seemed to be asleep in their rooms as I creaked open the main door. I turn my noise up as I glance around at the white power strewn on the coffee table, placed right in front of the fireplace. For a moment It was almost as if I was back in that room again, bare. Hardly anything to protect me from the un-godly sights I'd witnessed for hours and hours on end.

My want for food vanished just as quickly as it appeared.

The only thing that would do me any type of good would be a walk, and considering I hadn't been into the woods yet, it seemed like a good time. Everyone was a sleep, so my chances of bumping into anyone was none.

I'd be left alone to only the wild life. As I walk down the path, I almost wonder if I want to stay here for ten days. Was being around these men really worth it? Yes, Mabel and Connor seemed to be having a good time. They seemed more relaxed than I've ever seen them in my entire life, which led me to not wanting to leave. Because if I left. They left.

I didn't want to be the cause of a good time being cut short because I was uncomfortable again. I did it too much in the early years of high school. I didn't want to do that again for our years in college.

I found a patch of clear grass. Only a few paces forward thick and skinny trees.

I didn't even realise how I tired I was, even as I leaned against the tree. I faught sleep. Being out in the wood's was one thing, but falling asleep was on a whole different level off stupid.