SEVEN

- TW for this chapter. -

"Alex." I giggled as flower flaked off my hair, sprinkling to the kitchen floor.
Next week is connors birthday. But considering we will be back in college when the day arrives, I figured I'd make him some cake with the ingredients Luke's father brought back at the beginning. Turns out the reason he disappeared was him gathering some supplies in town.

I may admit, I did miss Judge Alex and Max. Both men were amazing people. It was hard for me to believe that someone out there that was actively doing some form of drug was a decent human being. It baffled me that the two men, covered in flower did it. Luke however was the type of drug addict I was accustomed to.

He - I wouldn't be giving any form of chance.

"Oh come on (y/n) you did start it." Max sang, as he picked up the power constancy, the white flour falling through the cracks of his fingers but before I can blink he is already
Throwing it at my face.

The flour is up my nose, in my eyes and even some flakes in my ear. But still I laugh as I whip my eyes clear. Both men grinning foolishly at one another. Pleased with the bubbly - light mood through the room.

"That was an accident." I threw my hands in the air. A white puff of what looked to be smoke followed my action. My smile faltered as I looked out the window, the corner of a hockey mask catching my attention out by the edge of the woods. It was so faint it was like I imagined it. I could have - Mabel slept in the most uncomfortable position ever. Her leg dug itself right into my back. Foot, inching impossibly close to the crook of my neck. Causing. Creak to form over the little amount of sleep I could get.

"Oh my." Mabel stiffiled some laughter as she walked into the kitchen, snapping me out of my gaze. Her  Eyes creased with smile lines. It didn't take a blind man she was happy with my attempts of getting along with the men. I would never admit it out loud - but so was I.
"Iris, you need back up?" She raised a brow, micheife swirling in her eyes. "Definitely." I agreed. Oh they where in trouble now.  And they knew it.

The mess was definitely going to be a pain to clean up, but It's worth it. Everyone's bodies is covered in white power, even our eyelashes, have turned from black, to white.

"Okay, okay enough." I place my palms flatly out in the air. Everyone took a breather, hands on the counter or on their thighs as they doubled over.

The sound of giggles and groans is replaced by our attempts at catching our breath.

"You guys get cleaned up. I'll make the cake and the cupcakes." I pointed at the two men, and mabel. Immediately both their heads flew back, groans erupting from their mouths. "Unless you guys know how to make  frosting and a double layered cake by this afternoon, I recommend you start cleaning up."

"You're so bossy." They mumbled. It wasn't the first time I've heard that and I doubted it would be the last either.
It was in my nature to want to take charge in situations like these. While the group was extremely good at having fun, being carefree and over all free spirits. They were terrible at being somewhat responsible adults. I can however speak for Connor and Mabel when I say, when they enter work. the change can be scary. it's kind of like they've been replaced by some sort of cloned - better upgraded version. But despite how much fun I was having, Connor deserved some form of stress free celebration.

My arms feel heavy over how much mixing I've been doing, I almost cry with Happiness when Both cakes are out of the oven. steam slipping over the top. Before I start baking the cupcakes, I set the two cakes out to cool. I needed some fresh air before I give in and eat the two, divinely smelling cakes before Connor even get to see them.

I dusted my hands. Leaving the kitchen to go out to the back garden. Where Alex stands smoking a blunt in his hand. I freeze. Scrunching my nose up as I debate to myself if I want to stay here or not. The smell was disgusting, and I didn't want the buzz of happiness to wear off.