NINE

The man fell to his knees on the damp ground, a sound almost like a groan escaped his mouth, as he favoured his Member.

I cried with relief, the fact that a number of rules me and Mabel had made after watching the news. Too many girls had been kidnapped from our home town - we had vowed to put up the hardest fight of our lives.

The dark, black clouds parted in the sky, allowing cracks of moonlight to light up the camp. And for once since leaving the area around the main house, I can see the horrors around me much better.

My limbs stop moving as I look through the slits of the mask killers eyes. They looked so pure that I almost stopped, believing that he would have been a normal man instead of a killer. His eyes never left mine, almost as if he willed me into a state of fear as his possessive gaze wracked over my body. Not an ounce of his Stare shows him being mad at my attack.

My heart Slammed in my chest, echoing in my ears in a loud rhythm. I wouldn't be surprised if the people around me heard it.

But it was a reminder, I was Alive. There was still a chance of getting out of here.

I shrieked as Soil crumbled away under my feet. Melting away from the big slope of trees. Everything felt as if I was moving in slow motion as my side Slammed against each stone, each twig that stuck up from the soil.

Even as my body stopped rolling my head spun. The world around me didn't stop moving and my eyes felt heavy as black spots spread across My vision.

I don't know how long I was out for as I shot up. The pulsing pain in my ankle is  reminder enough of my current situation.

I hissed as I forced my self up off the ground. Strands of my hair clump together as mud imbedded itself into my scalp, across my face. And even, somehow down my bra.

Well that's my life for you just when I think I'm doing well - when everything starts to look up a masked killer decides to take interest in me and my friends. Most importantly, tonight of all nights. Stress free celebration my ass.

My lungs burn as I claw my way back up the slope. Hoping and praying Connor and Mabel are alive and well. I strain my ears hoping to hear anything other than the continual ringing, but I don't. My head spins as I cough, squinting.

From the corner of my eye I see Max dart from being a Bush, one pushed closely into the house.

He looks frantic as he runs. His legs pushed him father and father away from the main house. I opened my mouth to warn him of the death trap he was running into, but it was too late, the masked man pushed his machete through his head.

My mouth opened, screaming in horror. It was stupid I know, but it was as if my brain reacted without me wanting it to do it. Oh god. He was out to kill us all. By this rate I'll be dead by sunrise.

The killer's head snapped over to me as he threw Max's body down to the ground, not caring about him as he made his way over in my direction.

I scrambled down the hill, tears pouring from my eyes. My ankle burned and throbbed, begging me to stop but I couldn't let him get me. I knew the risk of me using my ankle like this. It could become worse.

I bust open the front door in the main house, slamming it once again against the window. My mouth is dry as I close it, fumbling with the lock.

I cry out as I fumble across the living space, I need a weapon. I needed something to defend myself but that kept distance between me and him. My mouth dried as I recalled how easy he pushed the machete through max. It was as if his

I was alone. But somehow that put me at peace. My life for theirs and I could live with that. For however much time I had left.

I fumbled around the rooms, until my eyes slid to the Broom closet. Maybe something could be useful there. I froze, before I knew it I was screaming. Luke's father hung by his throat, high off the ground. Hair dishevelled.

I sobbed as I put my hand over my mouth, shutting the door tight. I doubt I could get the image of his wide, lifeless eyes looking back at me out of my head, Or even  the way his skin is a sickly white colour.

I doubled over, emptying the contents of my stomach out into the floor. Just as I straightened my back, a hand ran up and down my back. Almost in an attempt to comfort me.

I bulted away, eyes wild as I screamed. "Why are you doing this?" I sobbed, hot tears falling from my eyes. Staining my cheeks.

The man tilted his head slowly, the machete slack by his waist, as if attempting to appear less threatening. But I didn't get a response from him.

I didn't wait to hear his answer. Didn't wait to take in his overly tall frame. Or the way his hands are so large, I bet they could wrap around my neck. And I'd be dead - just like that. I didn't give a damn about a weapon, I just ran. I bet a weapon wouldn't even work on him.

I run out the back door, sucking in gulps of damp air. My shoes melt into the soil as I push past twigs of the trees. Everywhere I look I see them dead, the trunk of chopped trees is Luke's split head, or how His father looked in the closet. Everyone was dead, and I would be next. My hearing comes back, slowly.  Slowly enough to hear the whirling of wind push passed my head. The same sound I heard when Luke got his hand impaled. But instead of a cry of pain, I hear a snap.

I'm hysterical as I double forward, falling over a trunk. My gut dropped when I saw the leaf covered bare trap, If I had taken another frantic step my ankle would have been snapped. I force myself up off the ground. whimpering  as I shot around it, he only did that to kill me himself. He had to be some sort of sick sadist. my being trapped like a deer would only lessen the thrill.

my death wouldn't be easy like Luke's or Max.

The clouds close over, and again the woods are covered in darkness. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I didn't know where I was going, and with how easily the man was navigating through the trees and bushes. He's been here a while. I slam against a tree, eyes squeezing tight as if that could save me.

A rough hand grazes my face gently, as if he's afraid he will injure me. His breathing is even as he towers over me. And his smell clouds my nose. So odd. I almost find it comforting, almost, before my limbs shut off and sleep overtakes me.

I smell dust as I shift on the mattress below me. The springs are uncomfortable as they press against my side, resulting in a groan pushing past my lips.

My eyes shot open as I glance around. The unknown area shattering my hear into a fast paced rhythm.  I don't know where I am. I look to be underground, huddled in a corner just across from an area with a tool sharpening area. All types of weapons hand against the wall, and even a drunk that's caked in dust.

But then I freeze, seeing My clothes thrown carelessly against the chair. My ankle aches as a chain nips tightly at my skin. Even a big, dirty and torn jacket is thrown over my body. The sides tucked in tight, keeping warmth encircling my limbs.

I cry once again. This certainly wasn't the type of holiday I was expecting it to be. I've cried more tonight that I have the last two years of my life.

Up above, the roof I see ropes connected to a bell. And then it dawned on me. Luke didn't fall on a discarded rope. The killer was hunting us since the minute we stepped into the camp.

My heart sank. I'm the reason Mabel and Connor is getting hunted by a mad man. I'm the reason they stopped to go through here. I'm the reason we stayed. Its all my fault.

My crying stopped as the sound of a thud julted me up right, I hissed, grabbing my chained ankle. All that running was for nothing.

The killer stalked in silently. Almost as if he was afraid I would be scared of his precense.

I forced my face even, forced to seem as if I wasn't scared.

But paid over took me once again, my throbbing body simply couldn't withstand anymore pain.

I could have sworn in my dazed state I could feel my hair being smoothed back from my face, some loose strands being tucked behind my ear. But I'm too tired to fight. There was too much pain in my body to move away from his touch.