THIRTEEN

I suck in a breath as I watch the bell jingle, Any playful behaviour Jason had was gone as he stormed over to grab his Machete. Before heading over to his hatch he Pointed at me, and then down at the ground. 

the nerve. where the HELL could i go to with Mr. Chain attacked to my ankle. "I won't go anywhere." I mumbled. 

As Jason Walked up the Hatch leaving me alone, it finally settled in me. If there was a trigger caused by the Bells. surly it means someone is up there, But I prayed it was only a wild animal. I tugged at the chain, feeling it firmly around my good ankle was somewhat of a relief - but this time it seemed easier to move. 

It made sense, my ankle was weak, Making the chain appear much heavier. I moved his jacket to the side as I slid down the bed. I didn't know what I was looking for, But I needed to try and See what I'm working with. 

I follow the chain down the bottom of the bed, expecting to see it linked with the leg. But I don't - I see the black, rusted chains hidden underneath a number of rocks. their not the small kind either, their the big ones you'd find buried in the soil. If I'm to move it, it would be hard but not impossible. 

but the big, masked fucker wanted me to believe I was. I scowled. "fucking bitch." I grumbled. That's why he was so amused at being chained. it didn't matter if I was or not. but it seemed to give him peace of  mind, or maybe he knew it would slow me down greatly. 

"The tall, fucking, prick. Is gonna get another hard kick to the balls." I grumbled, tugging at the chain. but like before - it didn't budge much. But I have to admit, he is extremely smart, and for someone who has lived their whole life alone - with no one to teach him these things. I would almost pity him. A little boy having to fend for himself, then grow up and learn about his body by himself. 

I grip at the Teddy bear, eyes turning soft as I look over its worn down features. He only had this teddy bear as a form of comfort for years - and then my features dropped. Luke's father was calling me names when I was attempting to help Luke. He died, Alex and Max Defended Luke when I was attacked. I'm assuming Alex is dead, But Max isn't. This is his way of standing up to bullies.

He didn't have anyone to correct him all these years he doesn't know what he's doing is wrong. I know I won't be sticking around to correct him. in the words of Mabel. aint fucking with this shit. 

"why are you defending our killer." Mabel and Connor Moaned. My shoulders tensed as I furrowed my brows. "I'm not!" I defended, but a part of me questioned if I really was or not. Was I Attempting to humanise the man who killed My friends. 

"Look what he did to us." They cried, stepping out from the narrow tunnel. their face is disfigured, hardly recognisable as chunks of their brains fall to the ground. I placed a hand over my mouth as I tug at the chain to get away from them. 

I'm hysterical, hardly able to gulp in air as I watch them slowly walk to the bed. They where right. I was trying to make an excuse - any excuse as to why he killed. I didn't have the answers. But I shouldn't want them, I should want Him dead. But it would make me just as much of a monster as he is.

"You already are like him (y/n) You killed us." They Screamed. 

"you killed Connor." 

"you killed Mabel." 

"I thought we where Family?" 

"I thought we meant something to you?"

They repeated over and over, getting so loud my mind almost brakes. "No Im not, I'm not." I claw at my arms. I needed out of this skin.

My eyes are wide as I stare at Jason. Did he just - He through Nutella at my face. Jason's eyes are wide too as he scratches the back of his head. the more I'm quiet the more he dips his gaze to the ground. 

I giggle as I wipe the chocolate off my eyelids. In my frantic state I didn't even realise He had came back. I most certainly didn't expect to have him throw Nutella at my face. If it's good enough for me, it certainly is good enough for him. I don't think into it too much as I scoop it off my face with my point finger and flick it at his mask. if he didn't kill me for kicking him in the balls, he won't kill me for hitting him with Nutella. 

Jason's head snapped up to meet my gaze, Surprise swarming in his gaze. But I don't see any anger as he scoops a bigger amount. 

"No no no I'm sorry." I Squeaked as he smeared it over my head. his shoulders raised and fell in a silent laugh - good to know he found this stuff amusing. It almost makes him less terrifying, until I See the blood covered Machete. 

the feeling and emotions come crashing back as I push my body far away from him as I possibly can. 

I can't allow myself to have my guard down around him, He's my best friends killer. And who knows who he killed this time while I was down here. un-touched. it simply wasn't fare. But does my opinion really matter when I'm a hypocrite? I say one thing but deep down Do I really mean it? 

Do I want to die? no, But I don't deserve to live either. 

----

(A/N, I just wanted to say thank you to EliIsNotHome for the support you've given me. I wouldn't have the confidence to continue the book without you. sending you love and hugs, Also shout out to my dog who made writing this chapter difficult.)