ELEVEN

Jason didn't move as he glanced down at me, eye's boring into me. I involentery wrapped my hands tighter around the Teddy bear as I awaited him to snap. But he didn't, he stayed still and soundless. 

Only for the rise and the fall of Jason's chest, I wouldn't have thought he was breathing at all. I couldn't help but question if I should have asked that question - if I should have risked it. I feel selfish for wanting to live,  especially now that others have died in my place. 

I am a coward. 

Water dripping down the narrowed tunnel. It was the only sound made in the space. But each droplet of water sounded like the dripping of crimson blood. 

drip. 

drip.

drip. 

I flinch as I squeeze my eyes tight, but even then I can see Luke's dismembered head, I can see chunks of his hair stuck together. laying on the ground. I am almost thankful I didn't hear Max's screams of anguish in his last moment's.  

I only opened my eyes when I hear a grunt. Jason moves his hands around in an attempt to explain is actions of killing my friends. My heart aches at the reminder of Mabel's and Connor's death. each beat almost feels painful. "I don't understand." I chock out, voice turning hoarse.

Jason stops his movements as he stairs off into the distance, before he points his thumb down to the ground, then with his point finger he gestures to me and him. 

I sobbed, covering my mouth with my hand. "you - you think my friends where bad people." Hot tears pool from my eyes. warming my cold cheekbones. Jason did a firm shake of his head. clearly showing he didn't just think it, in his mind he knew it. 

I pushed my back up against the wall, not caring for the crumbs of dirt that fakes off. Resting on the old, uncomfortable mattress. I just needed away from him. I needed to keep as much space as between me and him.  "My friends weren't bad people, they where good and kind." 

Between my moment's of hysteria I didn't even notice my Tugging at the chain wrapped around my bad ankle, But I ignored the burning feeling, ignored the ache that spread that begged me to stop. I couldn't be in here. I had to go. 

"You let us die."  Mabel's voice rattled through my head. "you let us die. we thought you where Family." Connor and Mabel voice echoes together. I look around the hut - looking to see if There was fog, if I was back in the peer. but nothing, I was awake. I was going crazy.

Their vengeful ghost's are haunting me. 

"Just kill me please." I pleaded Jason. "I can't - I can't live without them, they're my FAMILY." I wailed. clutching the teddy bear tighter as My vision clouded over further. "They're all I have left."

Jason's arm circled around me, taking me into his arms as he buried his head into the crook of my neck. the cold material of his mask sending chills up my spin. I tried to fight my way out of his grip, but the more I fought the more he kept himself glued to my body. 

"Please." I mumbled against his shirt. "why are you keeping me alive." 

As usual he didn't respond in words, rather. he pulled back. his rough hand ruffling the top of my hair. dishevelling each strand. he pointed his finger to the hatch, then a big firm shake of his head. 

"I'm not like them?" I questioned, brows pinched together. he shook his head, as he patted my head. pleased I got the answer right. I felt sick as my stomach swirled with all types of conflicting emotions. yet all of the emotions had one thing in common. the need to get out of here. 

"but I am - I am like Connor and Mabel in so many wa-" his eyes narrowed, as a rumble came from his chest. I flinched. looking down at the ground. Jason used his point finger to lift my chin gently as he shook his head firmly. he didn't think so. but I was confused - why. But I didn't dare question him, not again. He could snap at any minute. 

I needed to leave. 

I needed to live for Mabel and Connor.

my Punishment will be my life. 

but Jason could change his mind about my...being different at any time and snap my neck.

If I wanted to leave this place alive I had to play the smart game, he clearly had some form intelligence despite his lack of words. He added electric to an underground hut - added ropes around the Woods, making hunting anyone that comes in easier. I wasn't stupid, I knew someone with his precision did this for an antagonising amount of time. He knew the amount of people who he killed where innocents. of all ages. such bright futures ahead of them. like Mabel, he was going to be a midwife. it was all she could ever talk about in the later stages of Highschool. 

I needed to learn his pattern, learn the layout of this place before my attempt. My eyes glanced down at my chained, hurt ankle. I will have to try let it heal before I do make my escape. it would only slow me down or worse get me caught. 

I laid down on the bed, face turned to the wall. I couldn't bare to look at the hockey masked killer anymore. I'm always faced with the sickening reminder that he killed my friends - my family. 

and for what reason? that he thinks their bad people? 

but, then again. if the story Luke told around the camp fire that night is anything but the truth. he did get thrown into the water by bullies while the councliers did nothing. While we thought he did, he obviosuly didn't. this has to be some sort of grudge against everyone that comes into the camp. 

his mother still would have died because of counclior. while you can float away in water, you can't escape death when your head is chopped off. but killing innocent People simply isn't the answer.

Killing should never be the answer to people's PTSD. This man needs some form of help. I've seen it in studies how the early stages of childhood pave the way to their future, trying to talk sense into him about killing being wrong may just be impossible. It would be lime trying to teach a deaf and blind dog to do some tricks. Though, even that may be more possible.

My heart did ache for what he went through. I still feel sorry for the little boy that died in the lake. And in a way, the bullies where successful. They did kill Jason Voorhees. Just not in the way they intended too.