SIXTEEN

Jason was the person who left the flowers. He was the one who had carefully picked them, neatly keeping them together. And as my fingers wrap around the green stem. I contemplate throwing them away. But - at the back of my mind, i find a growing sense of symthapy for the grown man. The note - even that had child like writing. Saying just how much he was thankful for me defending him. Defending his mother.

Did that little boy have anyone other than his mother to defend him? I was the only one who defended them. And I bet - was the only one to have paid them both respect. And then, like pieces of a puzzle clicked together. I realised why he had said I wasn't like them. The others laughed, mocking him. Called his mother's name. I didn't.

I even had a fight with Luke over it. In his own twisted way. He was dending his mother's name.

"You kept me alive because I defended your mother and you...didn't you?" I questioned. Voice low. But he heard. He crouched down. Eyes swarming as he nods his head. Doing the same actions as before. Pointing to the Hatch, a furm shakes off his head. And then, a gentle point finger pushed innocently against my chest.

I shuffled back, hitting the dirt wall.

While a sick part of my mind understood why he did it. Growing up, he had to kill to survive. Animal or human, it didn't matter. Blood is red. It's the one thing us and animals have in common. Bar the beating heart. And, seeing his grieving mother Kill for him. May very well have not helped with his justification as to why it was alright to end a human beings life.

Hell, he even saved me from being raped by Luke. If it wasn't for him, I would have been broken regardless.

But I couldn't forgive him. Still couldn't look at him without picturing the fresh colour of Mabel and Connors blood on his hands. On his clothes. I choose to ignore the old patches on his shirt. On his boots. It's just animal blood. I convinced myself. It doesn't belong to humans.

"Thank you for the flowers." I mumbled, placing them beside the teddy. Dropping my gaze. My stomach turned each time i looked at him. He killed them.

But he didn't know any better. I ran my hands through my hair. Tugging at the strands. I couldn't hear myself think as my heart hammered in my head. I'm no better than him. I'm justifying the death of my best friends. My family. Most of all, I hate how a part of me relaxes when I see him. I don't know how long I'm here. It could be months, weeks, and days. Hours. Maybe even just a minute, and I'm hallucinating all this.

But never in my entire life have I hated my raging hormones. Fuck my period. And most of all fuck me. Fuck me for wanting to come through here. I freeze. The car. Their should he someone coming to fix it. But - then again. I could very well have missed his arrival. And I doubt Jason will let me out of his sight again.

I refuse to try and run with the knowledge someone else could die because of me.

I start tugging again. But this time Jason grabs my hands. Holding them in place. His eyes narrow as he shakes his head sternly.

"Fuck you." I shout. If I want to hurt myself then I'll do it. Fucker. Jason huffed, tightening his grip as he sternly shook his head.

"Don't tell me your annoyed at my language." My eyes become wide. And he nodds. Still, eyes narrowed.

"You get no fucking say jackass you killed my friends." I said through clenched teeth. Balling my hands into a fist as I fought to set them free. But of course, my attempts where just that. If he wasn't so close to my body I would kick him in his balls again.

His eyes almost look distant as he look at me. Until finally, He huffs, pulling me close. Caging me into his warm body. I think, for a minute he was going to crush me. But no, he lays down. Body tensed awkwardly as he pats my head. It reminds me of how a mother would comfort their child after a bad dream.

It made sense, he only ever knew the comforting touch of his mother. And if I had to guess, he had to be comforted a lot. And once again. Unwanted pity for the masked man swarms me. Fuck. You. Period.

I try to move, but he only holds me tighter as I lay their. Body awardly positioned as I blink. Looking at his chest. I mean....it seems sculpted. Nope, I'm not going their with a killer.

Especially the one that killed connor and Mabel.

I can't fucking wait for my period to end. At least then I won't be a horny ass bitch.

****

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I jolt awake when at the feeling of a soft, creature brush against My ankle.

I shoot up, glancing down. I let out a bloody curdling scream. It's a fucking rat. A fucking rat.

Hell no.

Jason, drops down in an instant, machete in his hand as he glances around. His body screaming death. I flind myself out of bed, stumbling on my injured ankle as I point at the bed.

"Scary Rat, scary rat." I fumble as I watch it's movements. And for a second, I swear I can see an evil grin on its face. I glance back at Jason for a second. He is relaxed as his head is tilted to the side. Eyes gleaming with more amusement then I have ever seen before.

"Don't just stand their kill it." His chest rises and falls as he crosses his arms. Feet planted on the spot.

"Jason come on." My head snaps back to the bed. I panick, unable to find where it is. If he doesn't kill it I will, this was the first sleep I had where I strangely didn't have a nightmare. I chalk it down to their spirits pleased with my attemps at an escape. But of course, the little runt had to ruin it.

A shadow darts to the side, as I jump. Griping at his shirt.

That thing is scheming against me. If the killer behind me doesn't kill me. It will.

Jason pats my head as he moves from his spot behind me. Shoulders rising and falling in a silent laugh. But I scowl. Men are pricks, almost worse than my bleeding vagina.

He glances around the area for a moment. Body stiff. Until all of a sudden he drops his machete down on the ground. Hitting the rat on its fat, little body.

Ha. Take that. Rat - 0 iris - 1.

Jason scoops it up, but even with it dead I'm paranoid as I look around. Waiting for it's girlfriend to inact revenge. I catch a glimpse of a silent laughing Jason, as he shakes his head. Glad he finds my suffering so amusing.

I cautiously sit down on the mattress. Head snapping to the slightest move of a shadow. This month has a grudge against me or something. First my friends get murdered, then I get my period and of course, a big ass rat has to try eat me in my sleep like I'm a big ass snack for him to chew on.

I've been told in the past I was good enough to eat but come on, I don't think Mabel meant litturely. Well. I hope not. I don't think I'd be good seasoned.

As I lay down, I keep glancing at everything. Every graze some fallen strands of hair make, even the pulsing of my ankle feels like a rat. Or even, a little family of mice. I just hope their is no spiders down here. Then I'm gone. Fuck what Jason wants. I'll really burn this place to the ground. You don't want to test me when I'm on my period.