Epilogue

Mariah POV

I looked up and seen that Kathy was shot. That was not part of the plan. Oh well. Better her than Ja'Mylah. I couldn't see Ja'Mylah go down like that. She's my bestfriend. I looked to my left and seen him pull out my gun aiming it at Ja'Mylah. She wasn't paying attention. I pulled out my gun and shot him. At this point everyone in the gym was running around trying to get out. I ran out of there. I got in my car and drove away as fast as possible. I hope no one can ever find me. But where am I going to go? I pulled off to the side and got my GPS out the glove compartment. I decided I'll go to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. No one could find me there.

Ja'Mylah POV

What the fuck just happen?! My mom was shot. Hakeem was shot. My dad getting handcuffed by the police. This is the worst graduation ever. Two funerals I have to go to. I looked around the room, searching for Mariah. I don't see her anywhere. Great. Just great. My best friend isn't here. Could anything get any worse? I don't know how to feel. I got up off the floor and walked out the building. I looked to my right and seen Chris.

"Are you ok?" He asked looking at me.

"Your mother and your boyfriend get killed and you tell me how you would feel."

After I said that, I walked off to my car. I put my head on the steering wheel. I heard a light knock on my window. I looked up and seen it was Chris. I raised my window down and looked at him.

"Talk to me," he said looking at me with pleading eyes.

"I have nothing to talk about Chris. There's nothing to talk about. My mom was shot Chris. I have no one," I said about to drive off.

I looked back at the school and seen the paramedics with my mom. She was shot in the head so there was no point of hoping she was alive. I seen a second stretcher with Hakeem on it. I sighed and looked at Chris.

"I'm here for you," Chris said looking at me.

"Are you the daughter of Richard and Kathy Washington?" A police officer said walking up to my car.

"Yes."

"Can you follow us to the police station? We have to ask you a few questions." He said walking away.

"Didn't even let me respond. Stupid white bitch," I mumbled.

I raised my window up and put my seat belt on. I was about to start the engine until my door was open. Chris got in the passenger seat. I just looked at him.

"Drive."

I started my engine and followed the police. It was a silent drive there. I pulled up into a parking spot and got out the car. I walked inside and sat down. Chris sat next to me. Why is he being so generous all of a sudden?

Chris POV

"Ja'Mylah Washington," a police called her.

We followed the police officer in the back. He opened the room door and we took a seat across from him.

"Mam please tell me what happen at your school today."

I looked at Ja'Mylah and she just had years rolling down her face.

"Mam you have to speak."

"You expect me to fucking talk when my mother is in the hospital. Dead. She's gone forever. I have no one. Just leave me alone man," she said crying.

"Mam I understand. We just trying to gather information on what happen."

"I wasn't the only one in that bitch. Ask somebody else who was there," she said leaving.

The officer sighed and looked at me.

"Can you tell me what you seen at the school today?" He said jotting down something on his notepad.

"It was just a normal graduation. Students getting their diplomas. The usual. When Jm name was called, she walked onto the stage. Her mom came up there and took pictures. Her mom ran up to the stage and stood in front of Ja'Mylah. Her mom was shot then everyone started running out the auditorium."

"What about Hakeem Jones?"

"I don't give two fucks about that nigga."

"Well I think we're done here." He said closing his notepad.

After he said that, I walked out the room. I walked down the hall to the lobby. I seen Ja'Mylah had her head in her hands. I picked her up bridal style.

"Everything's going to be ok baby girl," I said kissing her forehead.

➖➖➖➖

This is it everyone. Thank you for supporting me on my second book I wrote. I will be posting the sequel in a couple days. I will let you guys know.

Love y'all😘