Chapter 19

Hakeem POV

After I finished my shift, I headed straight to Ja'Mylah's house. I called her to let her know I was on my way, but she didn't answer. That's strange. She usually answers when I call her. I sent her a text that I was on my way. First, I went straight home to change first. Then I went to her house. I parked in the driveway and I seen the front door was open. I opened my glove department and grabbed my gun out of there. I put it in my waistband and started walking into the house. I heard her screaming, so I grabbed my gun. I ran into the house to see Ja'Mylah hugged up all on some man. They both gave me a confused looked. I looked at the gun, and it was pointing to the man. I put the gun in my waistband. I was so embarrassed.

"I like this kid," the man said.

"You do, daddy?" Ja'Mylah asked.

"Anybody that would pull a gun out and save your life can date my daughter any day. Just don't pull that gun out on me boy," he said.

"Daddy, we do date," I said looking down at him.

"Well that's good. I just came here to get my things," he said walking into the house.

"Where you going daddy?" She asked.

"Moving," he said packing his things.

"Ohh were moving. Where to daddy?" She asked smiling.

"I'm moving, your staying," he said.

"What?" She asked.

Ja'Mylah POV

"Your mom and I are getting a divorce," he said looking at her.

"Why?" I asked looking at him truing not to cry.

He ignored my question and finished packing his things. I ran into my room and locked the door. I put my face in my pillow and cried my eyes out.

"Open up, baby girl," Hakeem said.

"Go away, I don't wanna be bothered," I said.

I heard him sigh and walked away from the door. Few minutes later, someone walked in and sat on the bed.

"Go away Hakeem," I said crying.

"Who said it was him?" My dad asked.

I just laid there crying.

"I'm leaving Mylah," he said trying to turn me over.

"Don't touch me," I said.

He sighed and left the room. Great, my dad left. What else is gonna happen to me?