Chapter 21

Hakeem POV

After that lil "situation" with Ja'Mylah, I just went for a ride. I don't know why she is pushing me away. I was just trying to comfort her. I pulled up to McDonald's and ordered her favorite meal. I drove right back to her house. I didn't want to seem like a bad boyfriend or anything.

Hakeem: Baby, I know you mad at the moment but please open the door. I have a surprise for you :)

I was just standing at the door waiting on her to open it. After awhile she didn't open it. I sighed. I went walk to her room door.

"Ja'Mylah Marie Washington! Open the door. I miss you baby," I said putting my face all on her window.

I know she seen me. In just a few minutes, the front door was open.

"Here," I said handing her the McDonald's I bought her.

"Thank you," she said fake smiling.

"Where's your mom?" I asked closing the door.

"On her way, so you can open the door right back up and leave homeboy," she said with an attitude.

"Why you gotta be so ruudeee? Don't you know I'm human, tooo" I picked her up and started singing to her.

"Oh My Gosh! Stop it, you cannot sing," she said laughing.

"Girl stop lying you know my vocals are A1," I said looking at her.

"For real tho babe, you gotta go," she said tryna get rid of me.

"Can I see you tomorrow then?" I asked with a puppy dog face.

"You'll see me Monday. Goodbye Hakeem," she said dissing a nigga.

Before I left, I stole a kiss from her. I hope she don't think we are moving too fast. It's just I fell in love with her soon as I met her. I'll do anything for shortie.

Ja'Mylah POV

I just smiled to myself and closed the door. I know it's early but he just so damn....ughhhh. You wouldn't understand. I went in my room and grabbed my pajamas and went in the shower. 20 minutes later, I walked out the bathroom and went to my room. Just when I was about to lay down, I heard the door unlock.

"Ja'Mylah!" My mom yelled walking through the front door.

"Yeah Ma?" I said walking down the stairs.

"I need to talk to you. Come sit down," she said.

I sat down on the sofa while my mom was looking at me.

"Mylah, your father and I are getting a divorce," she said looking away.

"I know," I said looking away.

"How?" She asked.

"He came here earlier and got his stuff then just left," I said trying not to cry.

"Come here baby," my mom said giving me a hug.

"Why are you guys getting a divorce?" I asked pulling away.

"Because I caught your dad cheating with multiple woman," my mom said wiping her tears.

"Oh. I'm going to bed. This too much for me," I said going to my room.

I got under the covers and just laid down in the dark. Why did my dad cheat bruh? It's like nothing around me is happy. Only person that's making me happy right now is Hakeem, my lil baby. Speaking of Hakeem, I felt my phone vibrate.

Hakeem: Hey Baby. everything is going to be, ok? Keep a smile on your beautiful face. I don't want to see you frown. Goodnight my love

That made my night. I put my phone on the charger and went to sleep.

Chris POV

I just got out the shower when Veronica text me.

Veronica: Meet me at Cheddar's at 7

It's a quarter to six right now so I went in my closet to find something with something to wear. I put my clothes on and went to look for some shoes. I put the shoes on and did all that other stuff. It was 6:27, so I decided I should leave now. It's a 20 minute drive. I got in my mom's Range Rover and started making my way to Cheddar's.

I got out my car and walked inside. I seen Veronica sitting at the table with Christian. Christian seen me walking their way and he started smiling. I pulled out my seat and I sat across from her.

"So wassup about you going back to New York next week?" I asked looking at my menu.

"I'm going back home next week because I got to go ho home," she said looking at her menu.

"So you gone do what happen our sophomore year. Up and leave with my son?" I asked clenching my jaw.

"No, I uh have to go back and get my stuff. Since it's my last year in highshool, I can move back out here," she said wiping her tears.

"Look I'm sorry for being so rude to you. But um, you and ol boy still together?" I asked looking at her.

"No, he broke up with me," she said checking on Christian.

"Oh ok," I said.

We ate dinner, laugh, goofed off, and everything tonight. It felt like it was when we were younger. I don't think I'm making the wrong decision. All that stuff that happen is in the past. This is the present and I am planning on having a future with her.

➖➖➖➖➖

I know I am very late updating this story. I know I lost a lot of readers because I been updating late. I'm going to try my best now to update as often as I can. Welcome to all my new readers. I hope you like the story. And to my old readers, Mama I Love You, P.O.P. Hold It Down✊💯