Chapter 17

Chris POV

The movie was about to start and Veronica still wasn't back yet. I left out the theater walking to the ladies bathroom. I seen Hakeem standing there.

"Why you standing by the girls bathroom?"

"I'm waiting on Ja'Mylah if you must know," he said leaning on the wall.

Veronica is in the bathroom too! I ran into the bathroom to see Ja'Mylah and Veronica fighting each other. I ran to Veronica pulling her away from Ja'Mylah.

"Chris let me go! I ain't finish with this bitch!" She said trying to get out of my tight grip.

"You sho bout that babygirl? I think you might need these," Ja'Mylah said opening her hand revealing a few of Veronica teeth.

She walked out the bathroom and it was just Veronica and I.

"You good ma?" I asked letting her go.

"Does it look I'm ok? I just got my fucking ass beat," she said yelling at me.

"That's what you get for talking shit," I said mumbling.

"What was that?" She asked looking at me.

"Nothing. Let me take you home,"

We got in my car making our way to her house. I pulled my car up next to this all white 2014 Chevy Silverado. I looked at Veronica and her whole body tensed up.

"You ok?" I asked her looking at her.

"Yeah I'm good,"

"Can I come in? Ya know say hello to your parents,"

"No! No, I told you my parents don't like you,"

"But you know you can't walk in the house by yourself. You know I gotta help you," I said getting out my car and opening her door.

I carried her to the front door. I knocked on the door and her mother answered the door.

"Hello Chris," she said surprised to see me carrying Veronica. Her face was facing my chest so her mom couldn't see her face.

"Hello Mrs. Watson. Where to put Veronica? She got into a lil fight," I said STILL standing outside holding Veronica.

"A lil fight? Let me see yo face girl," her mom demanded

She turned her head and her mother face turned red as a tomato.

"Walter were putting Veronica into fighting classes!" Her mom said walking away from the door.

I walked inside the house and laid her down on the sofa.

"I gotta go babygirl. I'll see you later," I said kissing her forehead.

"Excuse me nigga. Who the fuck is you kissing all up on my girl?"

"Yo girl? Nigga please"

This nigga was all up in my face like nigga back the fuck up.

"Can you get the fuck up out my face,"

"You ain't gone do shit cuz," he said taking a blow to my face.

All I remember is I blacked out...

Ja'Mylah POV

I'm surprised Hakeem didn't walk in the bathroom from all that chaos. She really didn't do to much damage all I had was a busted lip. I wipe the blood dripping from my lip and checked myself to make sure I was ok. I walked out the bathroom to see Hakeem leaning on the wall.

"You good babygirl?"

"I'm gucci,"

We walked back into Theater 11 to watch the movie. He did the old trick where he pretends to yawn and puts his arm around my shoulder. I smiled then I continued to watch the movie.

The movie ended around 10-10:15, so he decided we should go to the park nearby.

"I used to come here when I was lil," I said taking a seat on the swings.

"Me too. My dad would take me everyday when I was a kid," he said pushing me on the swings.

"I feel like a lil kid all over again."

"Why is that?"

"Because your pushing me on the swing seat and I feel free,"

"You wanna watch the stars? I have an extra blanket in the car,"

"Sure," I said getting off the swings.

Hakeem POV

I went to my car and grabbed the blanket and laid it out on the ground.

"Ja'Mylah?" I asked looking at the stars.

"Yeah?"

"I know we only been talking for a week but it feels like forever. You're everything I want in a girl. You have the most beautiful smile in the world. I just wanna call you mines already. So Ja'Mylah, will you be my girlfriend? " I asked

Light snores was coming from her mouth. I sighed to myself and got up. I picked her up and sat her in the passenger's seat.

I pulled up on the side of the rode in front of her house.

"Ja'Mylah wake up," I said lightly shaking her.

She woke up and looked out the window

"Thanks for tonight," she said looking at me.

"Your welcome," I said.

She kissed my check and got out the car. I waited until she got in the house to leave. My phone vibrated in my pocket indicating that I received a text message. I checked my phone and it was a text from Ja'Mylah

Ja'Mylah: Yes I will be your girlfriend :)

Author's Note: I'm not really feeling this chapter. Seems boring to me. Like just to inform yall or sumn idk