Chapter 12

Author's Note: Y'all seen that shit at the BET Awards. Chris Rock was throwing hella shade. What he said bout Chris still got me mad. Bae ain't get any awards😒. He still killed his performance tho. Even the one when he featured with August😍😩

Chris POV

"This is your daddy," she said looking up at me.

The little boy was just looking at me. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Excuse me," I said answering the phone to my mother.

"Hello...You remember Veronica?...I'm talking to her now...Yes...ight love you," I said ending the conversation with my mother.

"I have to go, but can we meet up tomorrow somewhere?" I asked looking at her.

" Yeah. Can I have your number so I can call you?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I said giving her my number.

"I have to go so just call or text me later or something," I said.

"Ok," she said.

I gave Veronica and Christian a hug and went to my mom's car. I open the door and got in.

"So what all happen Christopher?" My mother asked driving out of the parking lot.

I told her everything from the time I went to the bathroom to the time I met my son.

"So are you guys going to meet up tomorrow?" She ask.

"Yeah," I said putting my headphones in.

I didn't feel like talking anymore. I was just nodding my head to my music. She pulled up into the driveway and I got out the car and walked in the house. I went to my room and strip to my boxers. I'll just bathe in the morning. I put my phone on the charger and laid down. I was just bout to close my eyes, but my phone went off.

(667)-345-8513: its me, Veronica

Chris: wassup

Veronica: let's go to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow so Christian can you know have fun and y'all can spend time together

Chris: ok what time?

Veronica: is 2 ok for you?

Chris: yea

Veronica: well i'll see you at 2 tomorrow...night

Chris: night ma

I put my phone on the charger and went to sleep

Next Day...

Ja'Mylah POV

I was in the kitchen eating my breakfast. My mom cooked eggs, biscuits, pancakes, and sausage. I was just about to drink my orange juice, but I received a text message.

Jayden: you know it's my lil sister birthday?

Ja'Mylah: of course I know it's her birthday

Jayden: well since you know, we going to be at Chuck E. Cheese for 1

Ja'Mylah: ight I'll tell my mom

Jayden: i'll see you later big headed ass

Ja'Mylah: fuck you

I put my phone away and walked into my moms room. She was in the bathroom so she didn't hear me come in. She was crying into the phone.

"But Devin you said we wouldn't do this....how the hell am I suppose to explain this to Mylah?....you think it's that easy, huh?.....you the one pack your shit and left!" She exclaimed into her phone.

I looked around the room and realized none of my daddy's stuff wasn't in here. I walk out the room and pushed the door open to make a loud noise, so she can know I walked into the room.

"Look I'll call you later," she said hanging up her phone.

"Hey baby," she said wiping her tears.

"Is everything ok momma?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said looking into the mirror fixing her makeup.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes baby. What brought you in here?" She asked changing the subject.

"Jayden text me about Jade's birthday party. It's at Chuck E. Cheese. It starts at 1." I said looking through my phone.

"What time is it now?" She asked walking out her room.

"10:34," I said following her.

"Well let's go to the mall and get her presents," she said.

"Ok," I said.

We got in her car and start making our way to the mall.

2 hours later...

"Mylah, you got all her gifts?" My mom asked carrying a mini cake for Jade.

"Yes mam," I said walking to the car.

I put the presents in the backseat and turned the radio up. Kissin' On My Tattoos by August Alsina came on and I started singing.

"Mylah, shutup. I can hear you all the way from the house," she said getting in her car and driving out the driveway.

"I don't want nobody but you kissin on my tattoos," I sang getting on her nerves.

She turned the radio off. She know she wrong for that. I plugged my headphones in my phone and start listening to the song. I hummed it this time because she not about to take my phone. We made it to Chuck E. Cheese and I grabbed Jade's gifts and walked inside. I was walking to the back where the party area be at. I found Jade's party because on a balloon it said Happy Birthday Jade! I put the presents down on the presents' table. I seen Jade and I picked her up.

"Happy birthday babygirl," I said.

She smiled and gave me a big hug and a kiss.

"You wanna go play some games?" I asked her.

She said yeah so I went go find Auntie Erica. She was talking to her husband, Uncle Troy.

"Hey Aunt Erica and Uncle Troy, where are Jade's coins? I'm going take her to play a few games." I said.

"There right here," she said handing them to me.

"Leggo," I said walking around with Jade.

It been an hour and we were having a blast. I love the kids so of course I was having fun. Jade was riding on the moving car with Chuck E. in it. The one when you take a picture while riding it. A lil boy, about the same age as Jade ran towards the car trying to get in.

"Christian, come back here," a familiar voice said.

"Chris?" I asked turning my head looking at him.