A fine dine

The door to the kitchen opened with a loud scratching sound.

"YAAAAWNNNN aaah. Sorry sorry . I took a nap . M'here now . So just pls keep the lecture. "
He looked at you , his dark eyes staring into your soul. "Whatsup"

Zoro sat down at the head of the table . For whatever reason you felt exposed . You looked over to him eying his looks. He sounded raspy from waking up . His hair was messy , the green strands pointing into every possible direction . His earrings were lazily dangling from his ear ,eyes were puffy and not really fully opened yet . He wore a greenish grey rope with a black belt once again holding his swords . The robe was loose though revealing his chest and a perfectly placed scar from the upper left to the lower right. You couldn't help but stare at it . It almost looked like the scar was a part of him . Like there had never been a Zoro without it . Long story short , he looked incredibly hot.

You were ripped out of your thoughts by Sanji
"(Y/n)chaaaan . How do you like your pre-course"

"It is out of this world Sanji" you replied quickly taking a bite of his salmon tartar.

Zoro's Pov

I didn't look at her for too long did I ? Because I can feel her eyes all over me . Why on earth am I nervous . If that woman joins the crew tonight I'm going to need an other round of sake .

Narrators Pov

Suddenly, Zoro got up from his seat , walking towards a little closet and taking out his alcohol . This time he did use a glass though ,taking slow passionate sips.

At that sight you almost choked on the meat Sanji served for the main course . By now, everyone's mood was pretty good . You talked a lot to Robin about her love for old treasures and history. Chopper and you defenetly had a lot to talk about too . You told him about your dad trying to find a cure for your mom's disease . And how to this day you will never give up on finding it. Even though it's to late for her now .
Chopper told you about the doctorine and his dad who taught him everything.
While everyone was having a great time , you didn't even notice a certain someone staring at you.
Zorro was looking you up and down . He tried to make out what it was about you that made him want to keep staring . Maybe it was your lipstick that perfectly matched that top. Could also be the way you placed your chin on the palm of your hand while talking . The way you closed your eyes to listen . Or maybe it was just the alcohol kicking in

Suddenly , Zoro reached forward , his thumb landing on your cheek . Everyone stopped talking to watch the scenario.
He caressed the bruise with his thumb turning your chin with the other fingers to get a better look at it. You held your breath , not expecting that sort of touch from him . It was gentle , even under his rough fingertips .
You shrieked a little when he brushed over the sensitive spot.
"That bastard hit you bad huh" He mumbled not looking away from the bruise .
" I..I guess he did "
"Well anyways. I'm going to head to the crow's nest . Thanks for the meal lovesick cook " with that he let go of you and headed out .
You looked after him , touching the spot on your chin still feeling his touch and immediately missing it.

Sanji was beaming with anger gripping the handle of the pan .
"Sanji ..." you said , trying to calm the situation. " I actually got you something as a little thanks "

His mood seemed to lighten a bit . You handed him your little gift bag . Opening with a concerned look on his face he looked inside.

"It's the blue salt from salt lake . This is super rare , I figured as a cook you might have a use for it."

Sanji eyed the jar opening it up and tasting it . He then sat down next to you lighting yet an other cigarette. Once again you found yourself staring into his deep blue eyes . Only this time they were filled with a mix of gratitude, and sadness.
"(Y/N) I don't think I have ever received a present from a woman other than my mother before. I don't know how to thank you "
His voice suddenly changed . It sounded serious and honest .

"You don't have to " you said taking his hand " thank you for the meal!" .