Thunderous Arrival 4

Riju's chest heaved as she tried to catch her breath, her eyes darting around the room as she searched for a way out. The sound of the Gibdo's rasping breaths filled her ears, sending shivers down her spine as the creature inched closer and closer. "Don't fear, Link," she managed to gasp out, hoping the confidence in her voice would mask her fear. "We're going to get through this."

With a sudden burst of energy, Link leaped into the air, his bow and arrow at the ready. The sound of the needle piercing through the air was followed by the satisfying thud of it hitting its target, and another Gibdo fell to the ground, defeated.

But their victory was short-lived. The Gibdo queen swooped in, her massive form casting a shadow over the room as she circled them. With each pass, she sent powerful tornadoes of sand hurtling toward the two warriors, forcing them to jump and dodge to avoid getting caught in the whirlpool.

Despite their best efforts, the tornadoes grew stronger until they were cornered on opposite ends of the room, surrounded by an ever-growing army of Gibdos. Riju's heart sank as she looked around at the Gibdo's closing in on them, wondering if they could make it out alive.

Riju's heart raced as she focused on her surroundings, her body radiating with electricity as she summoned as much of it as possible. She could see Link in the distance, surrounded by a swarm of menacing Gibdo's, and knew she had to act fast to help him.

Although she had managed to strike down a few Gibdo's with her lightning bolts, their sheer number made it impossible for her to get any closer to Link. He was in dire need of assistance, having used up most of his arrows during his perilous journey to the temple and the recent Colgera battle, which had taken place only a few weeks ago.

As she stood there, watching Link fight off the relentless onslaught of Gibdo's, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of regret. She knew they wouldn't be in this position if only Link and she had remembered restocking their supplies during the festival.

Despite the odds stacked against them, Riju refused to give up. She knew that if they fought together, they could overcome any obstacle. With renewed determination, she summoned another burst of lightning, ready to join the fray and help Link in any way she could.

Link and Riju were exhausted and battered, their clothes torn and stained with dirt and blood. They had retreated to the center of the room, trying to avoid the relentless attacks of the Gibdos that swarmed around them. The Queen Gibdo fluttered its wings, commanding its army of undead soldiers to attack the group with increased ferocity.

The Queen was a sight to behold, a towering figure with tattered wings and glowing eyes that pierced through the darkness. As the group fought for survival, the Queen continued to create more hives, each producing new Gibdos to join the fray.

Link realized that the temples in the past were far more challenging to conquer than he had anticipated. The Colgera, for instance, was more aware of its surroundings and had attacked Rito Village with deadly precision during their last encounter. With the population of Hyrule now much more prominent than in the future, there were now more towns and villages than ever, each attracting the attention of the monsters that roamed the land.

The Gibdo Queen, however, was confined to the temple's walls, unable to see beyond them. If they failed to defeat her, she would undoubtedly head towards Gerudo town, a bustling metropolis that would attract her attention. The group knew they had to win this battle if they were to have any hope of saving Hyrule from the Queen's wrath.

Riju and Link finally reunited amidst the chaos of battle. As they fought off waves of Gibdo, Riju turned to Link and asked, "What do we do, Link?"

Gasping for breath and visibly injured from his last battle, Link replied, "I don't know. The best we can do is teleport out of here and get more weapons, but then the Gibdo will be allowed to roam freely. We can't let that happen." He struck down another Gibdo with a fierce determination, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of an escape route.