Untitled Part 14

As the group crossed the Hylia Bridge, the Princess, Link, the Champions, and the guards were greeted by a breathtaking view. The bridge spanned a wide river with crystal-clear water that flowed gently beneath it. The view was stunning, with the sun rising in the distance, casting a golden glow on the water.

After crossing the bridge, they entered the Finra woods, a dense forest shrouded in mist. The trees were tall and majestic, with leaves that rustled in the gentle breeze. The guards were on high alert, scanning the area for any signs of danger. They ensured no monsters were nearby and eliminated any that they found.

The Princess, known for her stubbornness, remained on her horse, ignoring Link's advice. She was lost in thought, contemplating the journey ahead. The guards, concerned for her safety, ensured she was always well-protected. They left a guard to watch over her while the others scouted ahead.

As they ventured deeper into the woods, they encountered several abandoned campsites. The camps were once bustling with activity, with monsters. The guards were puzzled by the lack of activity in the area, and the Princess remained silent, lost in thought as they continued their journey.

As the journey progressed, the Champions decided to disembark from their carriage and proceed on foot alongside Zelda and Link's horses. The horses appeared to be at ease, except for Zelda's horse, which seemed to be struggling with her lack of experience in handling it. Despite Link's best efforts to help her, Zelda's frustration grew with his attempts to intervene, resulting in a stern glare from the lead guard, who warned him of the possible consequences of upsetting the Princess.

It was common for Link to bear the brunt of Princess Zelda's frustration, and he was often reprimanded or punished for annoying her. The lead guard's scowl, coupled with Zelda's dissatisfaction, made him feel powerless and frustrated. Nonetheless, he continued trying to help her control her horse, knowing his duty was to protect and keep her safe.

Despite his role as the Royal Knight to the Princess, punishments were frequently doled out to him whenever he upset Zelda. These punishments often involved whoopings or being assigned stable duty for a specific time, regardless of whether he deserved it or not. It was a constant reminder that even the most esteemed and respected court member was not immune to consequences. Nonetheless, he remained steadfast in protecting the Princess, even if it meant facing punishment occasionally.

As the small group trekked through the dense and verdant Finra woods, the leaves rustled beneath their feet, and the chirping of birds and buzzing of insects filled the air. After a while, they emerged from the woods and approached the Pangos woods. The woods differed from the Finra woods, with more open spaces and fewer trees. They crossed a sturdy bridge over the Floria River and arrived at the entrance to the Zonai ruins, surrounded by ancient trees and vines that had taken over the ruins over time.

The guards took charge and walked ahead, leaving only a few behind with the Princess and champions for protection. The guards were always on high alert, scanning the surroundings for any signs of trouble. However, the possibility of an ambush was low. The head guard turned to the Princess and spoke respectfully, "Princess, if you will."

The Champions, Zelda and Link looked visibly annoyed as they reluctantly followed the guards in front of them. Despite their annoyance, they knew better than to argue or resist the guards' orders. They were frustrated with the treatment they received from the guards, who often treated them with disdain despite their heroic status. The Champions knew they were considered useless by the guards, and the lack of respect was becoming increasingly difficult to bear.

The guards' racism towards them was a constant source of tension, and it often led to arguments and altercations. Frequently, the guards would deliberately get in the way of the Champions' attacks, leading to injuries and blame being placed on the Champions. The guards had the upper hand in these situations, and the Champions could do nothing to defend themselves against the false accusations.