11.

I packed my stuff and got ready to leave, I came a bit later then planned. Sarah was the first to get into the car, which she later regretted as she got squeezed with the others.

It wasn't often that we were moved to the station that resided in the forest, especially with so many people. The military trucks filled up with soldiers slowly, we were being rushed by the superiors as we were falling behind schedule.

The two vehicles quickly became full, but there was a few people left with no way of getting in. Of course I was the one who was left out.

I felt someone pat me on my shoulder, I turned my attention from the trucks to see Persha behind me.

"Wanna ride with the crew?"

I looked at her confused, she pointed over to another car and I noticed Captain Price. She meant the 141. I wanted to ask her if KorTac was coming with us as well but I already knew the answer.

"Can't I go with you?"

"I am full, so unless you want to walk. . . I would recommend you to start moving."

She lead me towards the 'crew', waving over to the Captain. I watched as Soap and Ghost packed their bags into the trunk and got ready to leave. Just perfect.

"Hi Price, you see. It turned out we have more soldiers then planned. There isn't enough space for poor Shade."

I rolled my eyes without Persha noticing.

"She can ride with us can't she? Captain?"

Soap just had to butt in with the most shit eating grin I have seen him have.

"I wouldn't want to trouble you, Sir. I can figure something out."

"It's fine. You can ride with us."

Everyone's attention turned to Ghost, no one thought he would be the one to approve. I guess Prices decision didn't matter much.

"Oh my, really? That's great to hear! I will leave her in your hands then!"

And just like that the Major left, making me breath out a sigh.

"I am sorry, Sir."

Price smiled at me and placed a hand on my shoulder in a reassuring manner.

"No reason to feel sorry, I just hope you won't be too uncomfortable through the ride."

I looked at him a little confused.

"I am calling shotgun!"

Gaz's voice called out from behind the car.

Great. It was five people. That's what Price meant.

"Put your bag in the back."

Ghost's ordering tone sent a shiver through my body. I haven't heard it in a while.

"Yes Sir."

He scuffed, or was it supposed to be a laugh? It was hard to tell.

---

Of course I was stuck in the middle, I don't know what I was hoping for. Ghost was glued to the window the whole time, his manspreading habit making me want to strangle him on the spot. Soap made the experience more bearable, he continued talking with me, trying to get to know more stuff about me, sometimes trying to include the LT in the conversation. Gaz and Price joined in sporadically but they seemed to be indulged in their own talk.

Ghost would shift in his seat, leaning against me, squashing me between him and Soap. There was already little space in the car so I would lean back against him as well, slowly pushing him back in his original spot. He would stop for a bit, but as soon as I went back to sitting normally he would do the same thing again.