8.

The tension in the room grew with each second. I don't want to imagine what was happening here when I was asleep.

Sarah was helping me eat even though I could do it perfectly on my own, while Ghost was glaring at us.

As if his gaze could tear us apart.

"If you wanted to feed her, you should have done so, LT."

Soap seemed to be in the best mood out of all of us. Sarah didn't wait for Ghosts response.

"Feed her? He would probably poison her. The LT seems to have a liking for hurting his soldiers."

Ghost didn't say anything he seemed to be thinking, it didn't stop him from giving Sarah a death stare.

"You know when they will let you out?"

Soap turned his attention to me.

"Today. I am waiting for the doctor."

"I will go get him."

Ghost volunteered, surprisingly.

"Thanks."

I waited until he was out of sight.

"So I heard you guys have been visiting me often."

"The Lieutenant came here everyday, always at the same time as me! Shade. I am serious. This guy has some real problems with his head."

She turned to Soap and gave him an innocent smile.

"Don't snitch please, Sir?"

He simply shook his head with a chuckle.

"He was worried. I heard he got you in this condition. I only ever saw him so shaken up once. With the amount of blood... can't blame him."

We all went quiet.

"So he felt bad?"

Soap nodded.

"Good. As he should."

I crossed my arms and breathed out. I wish I could see his face, what kind of expression did he have under his mask.

"Speaking of visitors... there was someone else I saw hovering around you."

Sarah's words took me out of my thoughts.

"He had a mask on, not like the one the LT has but it looked scary. He was really tall as well."

Sarah stopped and waved with her hands, snapping with her fingers as she remembered something.

"The guy you fought at the sparing match. It was the Colonel right? Do you know why he was here?"

"König? Maybe he heard I was in the hospital and was worried..."

"You know the Colonel privately?"

Soap looked surprised and genuinely curious.

"See!? I told you that she is a magnet for trouble. Nothing good can come out with you hanging around higher ranking soldiers."

Sarah looked upset but her tone and expression quickly changed.

"So what's going on between you two?"

She rested her face on her hands and fluttered her lashes to make me talk. Hopeless romantic. Just like I said.

"Nothing is going on. Except..."

Both Soap and Sarah were listening intently for my next words.

"KorTac is interested in taking me in."