37

Someone yelled my name. I couldn't answer. I couldn't look at them. I couldn't take my eyes away from the image in front of me.

From what I have done.

The tears fell down my face, even though I didn't feel like I could cry. My mind frozen in that ever lasting moment. The memories flooded in, the times we spent together, all three of us, happy, cuddling together. All those nightmares, sleepless nights, every time they had calmed me down, brought me back down to earth.

I wanted to scream, move, throw myself to them. Pull them into my arms. Anything. I was sitting like a statue, not being able to make a single sound, a single movement.

The hair that I grew to recognise from a single strand, their face, once looking at me with a pure love and affection. Only reminding me that I would never see that expression again.

Now... I will never be forgiven.

The gun was taken away from me, the person made sure to keep it as far away from me as possible and not end up at gun point with an emotionally unstable woman.

But I only kept looking at the blood.

Drop.

Drop.

Dripping down their head.

Slowly making the puddle bigger. Growing closer. And closer. Almost touching my feet.

I feel it dripping down my hands, from my fingers, onto the wooden floor. I didn't react, I just sat there crying, shocked and overwhelmed. I wasn't fighting back. My eyes blurry from the tears, my vision spinning as I progressively grew more dizzy.

I just killed someone who should be so dear to me.

Suddenly everything went dark, and I heard that soothing voice again.

"You are safe, Y/N."

A sudden warmth spread onto my eyes, slowly seeping further onto my face. My lungs suddenly burned as I let out a loud gasp of air, wanting to grab more of it. Realizing that I was still hyperventilating.

"No one will hurt you. Do you hear me? Don't think of it, focus on me."

The big hand blocking my sight, not letting me look past the darkness it had brought, but it didn't make it any better. The image still stayed, engraved into my mind. A memory I will never get rid of. I couldn't stop sobbing.

The guilt I have buried so long ago only now flowing back to the surface with twice as much force. I could only cry out louder.

"König-"

"Shhhh... It's okay. I am here, Ja?"

"We. Are here."

Another gruff voice reminded and I brought my hands up to remove his. Someone gently grabbed them and pulled them back down.

"Ah-ah. Don't move Hase. Rest."

They had no clue. They didn't know what I have just done.

"You are safe now, Princess."

My body kept on shaking.

"Nie... Nie, nie mogę-" - (No... No, I can't-)

"Hase. Focus on us."

"König, carry her out of here."

The warmth was gone for a moment, only to be replaced by something broader. My face pressed into his shoulder as his arms wrapped around me securely, making sure I do not look up.

"Keep your eyes closed, Y/N."

"I can't leave- nie odejdę!" - (I won't leave!)

"Hase, please. Listen to us for once."