28.

NOTE: I currently have a lot of work going on at school so I am sorry if the chapters won't be coming out regularly. However I don't want to give you guys weak and not thought through chapters. I will try my best to be consistent but please note I might not always be able to do so.
Love you all, have a good day!

---

I was minding my own business as someone placed a tray right next to mine, I looked up to see who it was. That's when I was met with the smiling Scottish man, he sat down right next to me, not even bothering to ask for my approval. I had a feeling I wasn't going to get rid of him that easily.

"So how do you like it here?"

"It's fine."

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Just fine? You know people would kill to get a chance to be approved into a team, right? Especially into a task force."

He started eating the food that he still had left.

"People would kill for much more petty things, Soap."

I stuck my fork into the meet and brought it into my mouth, I brushed off his next comment focusing on my food.

"So you don't think this was the worst thing that has happened to you after all!"

I looked at him confused, I might have been upset at their betrayal but this was still my job. I guess saying something along the lines isn't going to make our cooperation any better.

"I went through hell, I don't think your measly team is even close to being the worst thing that happened to me."

"Care to tell some stories?"

We both turned around at the sudden husky voice.

"Lt!"

"Simon."

I acknowledged his presence, keeping myself still as to not scurry away. Was I scared? Or were my feelings too much? He took a step closer almost leaning over me.

"It's Ghost for you."

My heart hurt once again. But why was I feeling guilty? Why was his new found coldness making me shiver?

"Wow you two really are alike, huh?"

Soap made it sound like we were bantering about a tv remote, perhaps it looked like it from his perspective. I wonder how much he actually knows, does Ghost talk to him? Are they both like me and Sarah? I turned back to my food and continued eating even if my stomach twisted from taste alone.

"We are nothing alike. I would say we are the complete opposites."

I heard the man beside me chuckle.

"You know what they say... Opposites attract."

I almost choked on my food, while Ghost audibly rolled his eyes behind us. What did Simon even want from me anyway? Rub the salt into my wound? Play the victim? Whatever it was, I wasn't interested. I was going to ignore him as much as I could, I don't care what my stupid heart is feeling, I am not giving in.

"So, Viper, huh? Who came up with that?"

I could feel Ghost's eyes burning into my back, I took another bite of my food to drag out the time, making them wait awkwardly.

"Me."

I kept on eating trying to ignore their presence, but with their stares and constant bickering from the sergeant it turned out to be impossible. After a bunch of questions from Soap and groans from the oh so scary Ghost I finally had enough. I turned around facing both of them.