25.

NOTE: I am starting to enjoy holding you guys on the edge so I think I might take a bit longer with the next chapters ;). Of course I am joking but I do hope you guys won't be too mad with what I stopped in this one. (don't forget to vote if you like the chapter!)

---

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Ah! Y/n. You are finally here."

Königs voice was surprisingly smooth and friendly, I looked at the woman sitting in front of him. Her distaste clearly shown on her face, she wasn't just pissed. She was disappointed. I felt a pang in my heart and looked away, I knew I did something stupid. But I still couldn't forgive her for abandoning me like that.

I nodded softly at König, reminding myself to not call him by name around Persha.

"You called me, Sir."

"Yes, please, sit down."

He motioned to the chair next to his. So they wanted me to be here for the talks? I didn't quite understand the point, but perhaps he thought my presence could change something. If it doesn't then... I think I might have to convince her myself.

I made my way over but before I could sit down The Major spoke.

"Since when is a Colonels order more important then a Majors?"

I kept my poker face up and stood behind the chair instead. Right, military etiquette.

"I have made a mistake, Ma'am."

Her gaze turned from me to König, piercing through him like a sharp blade. I felt like I was introducing my boyfriend to my dad, except Persha wasn't my dad and König was far away from being my boyfriend. At least the part where we talk about my future stayed accurate.

"Let's get this over with. Colonel König, I have thought about what KorTac has proposed, however I find this to be very rushed and unconvincing. Especially after you failed to give our soldier back."

She wasn't going to agree, but he didn't know that yet. Was this really it? She didn't even let us start.

"Ah, yes. That sounds understandable, but please do not forget. It was your soldier that came to us."

I would do anything for this man if he was able to finally set me free. This was no longer about me wanting to be around König. If my contract with Specgru was to be sold... Maybe I would have a chance of leaving the military.

"Sounds like a weak excuse, why haven't you contacted us as soon as she was found trespassing?"

"We ought to better our relations with the division, this was nothing but a pure misunderstanding."

I could feel the anxiety radiating from him, I was really thankful for his efforts but there wasn't much he could do. Persha wasn't going to give up. She already made a deal with the task force 141.

I gathered all the courage I had in me, it was now or never. I needed to do this. Help König in some way.

"I believe that misunderstanding has reached it's conclusion."

He already did so much for me.

"KorTac could offer much more-"

Y/n, speak god damn it!

"I think Specgru has already decided."

JUST SAY SOMETHING!

"It's not mine."

Both of their eyes snapped towards me and I felt like I just let go of someone that I have been holding from falling down the cliff.

"Shade."