𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

THE WEDDING RECEPTION WOULD TAKE place after the binding ceremony

THE WEDDING RECEPTION WOULD TAKE place after the binding ceremony. Hundreds of guests were escorted back to the Red Keep so they could begin celebrating the union of Aemond Targaryen and Naerys Velaryon. In the company of her mother, Naerys returned to her quarters to change garments, opting for a lighter but still ceremonial gown that Queen Alicent had suggested weeks prior. Rhaenyra couldn't help but smile at the sight of her beautiful daughter.

"Now that you are a married woman, I believe there are certain things we should discuss," Rhaenyra began, clearing her throat awkwardly.

Naerys bit her lip, temporarily lost in a feeling of embarrassment. "I do not believe we need to be having this conversation, Mother."

Rhaenyra smiled knowingly. "It is nothing to be embarrassed about, my love. It is a natural act between man and woman."

Naerys tensed, but quickly tried to shake it off and appear unfazed. "I know, Mother, and I truly appreciate your concern," she said. "Please. You do not need to explain how it is performed."

"The only thing I will say is that you should engage in copulation when you feel comfortable with it," Rhaenyra clarified. "If you are not ready, if you want to wait, Aemond must respect your wishes."

"Thank you for the advice, Mother."

Rhaenyra didn't try to elaborate further, which Naerys genuinely appreciated.

Soon enough, they were all seated at the long table with the rest of the royal family. Their table was positioned so that it faced the other tables in the throne room, where only the most important families dined with them. Since there were so many guests due to the grandeur of their wedding, other rooms had been prepared for dinner as well. Musicians had been hired to entertain the nobles for the evening. If there was one thing the Queen knew how to do well, it was to orchestrate large-scale events. Everything was thought out in detail.

"I would like you all to raise your glasses with me to the newlyweds," King Viserys declared, stretching up his arm as far as he could. "To my son Aemond and my granddaughter Naerys! Let us toast to their good health... to the many years ahead of them, may they be filled with happiness... and to the children they will bring to the House of the Dragon! Long may they live!"

"Long may they live!"

Aemond turned his head to look at his wife. A part of him still couldn't believe that he had gotten married to the woman sitting next to him.

"We have barely had a chance to converse since the ceremony," she muttered in his ear.

A small smile spread across his face. "A shame, I must say. I cannot wait for the wedding reception to end. I do believe some alone time is due."