Lamia

Second part

Erlin, Adeoga and the knights traveled a long way to the lands of the east. The sorceress continued to snort every minute, but she didn't dare open her mouth, because she knew how it would end: with her being scolded by the knights for things she probably shouldn't have said. Another detail caught her eye: Jimin, who among the knights was the only one who dared to flirt with her when he had the chance, didn't even give her a glance. Which was strange, because usually, he would do anything just to be close to her or have some physical contact with her; he was with Lian all the time, showering her with compliments and occasional touches. Let's be clear: it didn't bother the sorceress, she didn't feel anything for Jimin, but avoiding her wasn't really like him. Adeoga, next to Erlin, caught her friend's disappointment, she too was getting tired of following those idiots and Lian, they didn't even know where she was leading them! And Adeoga feared the worst. After about two hours they stopped, the horses had to pause to eat. Jungkook helped Lian down, she thanked him, giving him one of her best glance. The knight blushed and lowered his head, others could never win Lian's heart, it was already practically his! Hoseok saw that the girl had approached a tree trunk, not too far from him, and had an idea. He took the water bag and walked slowly towards her, he noticed that throughout the entire journey she didn't even drink a sip, she must have been thirsty and, by doing so, he could also try to charm her with his suitor skills. Except that Jimin also saw it and immediately understood his intentions and inside him, he felt jealousy explode like a bomb. Lian was his only, Hoseok and the others had no right to touch her or even look at her! To interrupt his journey, he pounced on Hoseok.
"Why don't you watch where you're going?!"
Blurted out the latter.
"And you watch that tongue!"
Jimin answered back. Erlin and Adeoga turned their heads towards them, already annoyed to hear them arguing again. It also happened during the trip, it was as if they no longer had the ability to be together with others.
"You better learn some manners!"
Hoseok exclaimed, now ready to beat Jimin up.
"You can't teach me anything, Hoseok."
Jimin boasted, shoving the other, making him even more furious.
"Let's see this then!"
Hoseok pushed back.
"STOP IT!"
Erlin shouted, now on the verge of a nervous breakdown, scaring Elyan and Jungkook, who were stunned to see those two arguing. Hoseok and Jimin stopped jostling.
"What's wrong with you two now?!"
Continued the sorceress, placing her hands on her hips. The two seemed to understand that the time had come for a truce. Hoseok grimaced at Jimin and with his chest, moved him, so he had a clear path to go to Lian. But Jimin didn't take the gesture very well. He drew his sword, not catching Hoseok by surprise and they started fighting; Erlin and Adeoga gasped. Elyan and Jungkook looked at each other, they wanted Lian too, but those two were going too far, they would slow everyone down if they kept fighting. So they intervened, before Jimin and Hoseok could make everything end in tragedy, Jungkook took the former, while Elyan took the latter; they managed to separate them, even if with great difficulty, those two were worse than fish, they wriggled like elephants! Lian looked at it all, while she twirled a lock of her hair in her finger and grinned.
"Great!"
Erlin exclaimed, now in a rage. He walked towards Hoseok and noticed a cut, not too deep, but bleeding, in his arm.
"I'll take the medicine."
Adeoga said annoyed, starting to rummage through the medical bag. The sorceress forcefully grabbed Hoseok and dragged him with her, receiving various complaints and pushed him to Adeoga who treated him immediately.
"Let me be clear: if I see one of you raise your sword, or anything else, next time, you will find yourselves mortally wounded at my hands. I've had enough of your outbursts, stop!"
Erlin said loudly, pointing at everyone, not missing Lian, which did not go unnoticed by the knights.
"How dare you-"
"SHUT THE HELL UP, HOSEOK!"
This time Erlin didn't contain herself. The knight stuttered a couple of times, but decided to keep quiet, it wasn't worth arguing with her, but he was annoyed by the way Erlin pointed to Lian, did she really think that girl could do harm? Hoseok just didn't understand her. Lian was happy to see everyone arguing, her magic was working well and soon, she would become even stronger. Confusing men was child's play, it was enough to give them just a little attention and they fell at her feet; as they always say: the soul is strong, but the flesh is weak. Erlin made Hoseok take off his chain mail and shirt so he could have his arm free and made him sit on a rock, Adeoga passed her the needle and thread and the sorceress stitched the wound left by Jimin's sword. Hoseok didn't let out a moan, he was used to feeling weapons stab him, a needle was nothing.
"It's about the size of a spear."
The knight said, just to break the awkward silence between him and Erlin. Suddenly he felt calm again. The sorceress rolled her eyes, she was still mad at him; she snatched the needle and left Adeoga the chance to bandage the stitched cut with gauze.
"I have nothing else in my bag, be careful and don't hit your arm or the wound will reopen."
Hoseok nodded.
"Wait...done."
Adeoga tied a knot, so the gauze could stay in its place.
"Thank you."
Hoseok said, standing up, thus giving Adeoga the chance to take his place. She took a quick look at Hoseok, Lian was waiting for him near his horse, the rider, of course, grinned satisfied with her presence.
"Hoseok and Jimin have never acted like this."
Began by saying the sorceress.
"And Elyan either, I barely recognize him."
Adeoga lowered her voice, her brother passed just at that moment. Erlin clenched her jaw and thought before saying what she thought, but her suspicions were now stronger than her silence.
"I think it has something to do with her."
The sorceress said, almost whispering.
"Lian?"
Adeoga asked, stunned.
"Knights are like brothers, but they act like enemies."
Erlin looked at them. Jimin passed a blanket to Lian, while the others circled her like flies, ready to do anything to get her attention.
"It's been like this since we found her. It can't just be a coincidence."
"But look at her: she's just a girl. How can she have this effect on them?"
Adeoga shook her head. Her mind just couldn't connect the two things.
"I don't know. But whatever happens, I just hope she's not connected to magic."
The sorceress clasped her hands.
"Why do you think so?"
"Oh come on Adeoga, we were all fine before, then this girl comes along and suddenly everything gets worse."
Erlin waved her hands, catching Lian's attention. The newcomer narrowed her eyes at her, those two had been talking for too long and now she was the one who suspected they were up to something.
"You say she has magic?"
Adeoga asked, starting to shake. Erlin nodded and took her hand to make her calmer.
"Either that or something else, but something is happening because of her, I'm more than sure of it now."