A Bride For The King

Second part

Adeoga sighed for, what felt like, the ninety-sixth time in an hour. Since her awakening, she had always been in her room, without even receiving a visit from Toshi. That man quickly got bored of his lady.
"I have to see Toshi."
Adeoga gasped. It was Taehyung's voice, why had he come back again? She got up going near the entrance of her room, after a few seconds she heard the footsteps of the priest nearby, they disappeared a few moments later. There was something weird. Adeoga thought it was a good idea to follow him and so she did, if the priest had returned a second time, then she was up to something with Toshi. She leaned out a few centimeters, the way was clear, there were no guards. She left her room, with silent steps, headed towards the waiting room, surely they had gathered there.
"Are you sure this is the right map?"
Adeoga heard Toshi's voice. She hid behind a rather protruding rock, not seeing very well what the mercenary was holding in his hand.
"The source is safe, Angus took it directly from the room it was contained in."
Taehyung explained, rolling his eyes at his wariness. Adeoga managed to step onto a hole dug in the rocks and raise herself a few centimeters, managing to see the two clearly. Toshi held a map in his hand, thanks to her keen eyesight and the light in the other room she clearly saw what it was and she was not at all happy to see the map of the Camelot tunnels in Toshi's hand.
"It seems authentic, the drawings are too precise to be a fake..."
Toshi decided to trust and folded the map.
"Then it will only be a matter of time before my men are ready."
"Try to be quick, Namjoon is making deals with Nemeth, if he expands his kingdom more, we might be in trouble."
The rock beneath Adeoga's foot broke, creating a loud echo throughout the cave. Toshi and Taehyung turned their heads at light-speed to where the sound came from. Adeoga felt her heart explode and immediately ran away, going outside.
"Someone is spying on us."
Taehyung growled.
"Did you see who it was?!"
He asked annoyed, going outside with the mercenary.
"I'm not sure, surround the camp!"
Toshi ordered loudly and immediately the guards came out and did as requested, others checked the huge cave. Toshi had half an idea and went to his lady's room, finding it empty, still with Taehyung behind him.
"How long does it take?!"
Taehyung asked, crossing his arms and continuously tapping his foot on the ground. Toshi ignored him, after a few minutes of listening to the priest's moans, a guard returned to them.
"So?"
Toshi asked.
"Whoever it is, they left and took nothing."
Toshi was right, it was Adeoga who ran away and she probably overheard their conversation too.
"What are you thinking about?"
The priest interrupted the mercenary's thoughts.
"My lady-in-waiting, she's the one who spied on us. She doesn't have all that importance, she's just a servant, but I want her back to me, look near the river!"
The guards bowed and went back to searching. Taehyung frowned, why did she run away after hearing their conversation? Maybe she just wanted to be free and no longer remain in Toshi's clutches. On the floor he saw a dress: dirty fabric, barely embroidered, it must have belonged to her.
"Does this woman have a name?"
If he had known he would have tracked her down himself and killed her. No one could know their plan of conquest, not even the most ignorant plebeian in the world.
"Adeoga."
Taehyung's happiness faded. He tightened the muscles of his face, gritted his teeth, threw the dress on the ground, raising the dust.
"Your appetite has betrayed you! She is not a simple servant, we must find her immediately!"
Taehyung growled, exiting the cave himself, leaving Toshi confused as to the reason for his outburst. The priest couldn't believe it, yet he had had her under his nose the whole time...she had left Camelot by her will, but nothing in the world would stop her from coming back and spilling the beans to Namjoon .
"Let's go after her! And if we find her, we must kill her."
Taehyung informed to the mercenary, climbing onto the horse's back and leaving. Toshi sighed, that girl could become a possible bride for him, but if Taehyung wished to kill her, then it was an order. There were so many women in the world. Adeoga felt her lungs burning, she ran and ran and ran until she was exhausted, but still Toshi's guards were at her heels. Plus, the thought of an impending battle in Camelot didn't make her breathing easier.
"Oh!"
Adeoga managed to stop before falling into the water, she did not see the descent that took her down. The men were approaching. She couldn't keep running, they would have caught up with her anyway. Her body moved on its own, the cold river water touching her feet, then her legs, until she was completely submerged. She held her breath as much as she could, pushing herself further down, the water wasn't clear, it was difficult to see anything even fifty centimeters down. The soldiers passed by, but did not stop, believing that Adeoga had moved forward, therefore, they continued their search. Bubbles came out of Adeoga's mouth, oxygen was running out. Once the last soldier passed, she resurfaced, taking a deep breath, the veil was stuck to her head, she swam towards the other shore; she was safe for the moment.