Ch 2 - The Mechanic

Year 2035

Time sure flies fast when you're doing the thing that makes you happy. I have been working as BTS' mechanic for four years now.

It was an honor and a heavy burden to carry at the same time. This was an internationally loved group; one mistake and I could be tanking all the hate of their fans. But the benefits are quite good if you ask me. I have the opportunity to travel with them to different places around the world, whether it's for their tours or filming Run BTS.

I was quite lucky to get this job when I was just 20 years old. New graduates most often have a hard time finding jobs in technology since experienced engineers are in demand. I thought I would be working at a tech company focused on appliances since I interned there for college.

Expect the unexpected, I got dropped as soon as I graduated.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I sent my application to a variety of tech corporations hoping one of them would hit. And it sure hit a jackpot when BigHit Entertainment reached out.

They needed a temporary replacement for their mechanic for a photoshoot. The shoot would last for 2 weeks due to the numerous location spots needed for their upcoming album and advertisements.

The gossip I heard is that their last mechanic was taken into court for evidence of trying to leak trade secrets and duplicating the idols. I never actually found out if this was true.

It was intimidating with all the requirements given to me but I had to persevere, the benefits were great so why should I decline? Apparently, they liked my performance enough to hire me full-time as their main mechanic.

After 4 years of experience, I can justify that I'm more of a babysitter than a mechanic at this point.

Doing my job is hardly ever smooth with these boys. They were rowdy like children and would sometimes end up hurting themselves. Especially the maknae line. The hyung line was obedient most of the time but there were times that they would also join the shenanigans.

But they were also the sweetest and I don't ever regret spending my time with them. A lot of my fondest memories include them. Obviously, that's bad because these are androids. They are not people.

This reminder makes me sad but I can't help it. They were more human and caring than the real people I have in my life. Sometimes I wish they were real instead so they could be my friends.

Enough wallowing in sadness, I have a job to do.