Chapter 9: Our Sensei

Hitagi's P.O.V

For the first time in a few days the alarm on my bed side table went off, waking both myself and Sasuke.

"Good morning." He laughed. I grunted as I slammed my alarm clock until I found the button that turned it off. "Come on. We have to meet our Sensei. They're usually pretty strict about not being late." He chuckled.

I reluctantly got out of bed and into the shower. The hot water took forever to come on so the first three quarters of my shower was freezing cold. When I stepped out, there was no towel, the door was wide open and Sasuke was standing there. Right in front of me.

His entire face flamed red as he covered his mouth. It took me a second to realize what was happening and then I got it.....

"AHHHHHHHHHHA!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE SASUKE!?!?" I screamed.

I tried to cover myself up the best I could but my arms weren't much protection. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! The door was open so I thought you got out!" He said frantically. He finally closed his eyes tightly as I searched around for a towel. I came across one and quickly wrapped it around my exposed self.

We both exhaled and then laughed afterwards. Sasuke left so I could get changed.

~~

After we'd eaten a delicious breakfast Sasuke had made, we walked to the place we were supposed to meet out Sensei, an open park with tiny patches of trees and a large crystal clear pond in the middle.

Sasuke took my hand and laced his fingers with mine. Once we had gotten there, we sat and waited for the others. There was a wooden park bench with a great view of the pond, so I grabbed Sasuke's arm and led him there. Sasuke put his arm around me and Sakura walked in not too long after.

She gasped and ran over toward us. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH SASUKE?!?" She screamed in my face. "You think you can beat the hell out of who ever you want then get all chummy with them afterwards?!" She screamed again. She wore the sourest look on her face then I ever could've thought possible.

Then, that look changed from horrible to disgustingly sweet in a matter of seconds as she turned her attention to Sasuke. "Sasuke? How could you be sitting with someone as awful as her? She hurt you! I would never hurt you Sasuke." She said as if I wasn't there.

"Shut up Sakura. You don't know anything." He said in his usual Sasuke tone. Her lip quivered and I smirked.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT BITCH!" She screamed as she swung her arm and a sharp pain hit my cheek that had been cut. The stitches came undone and I spit the black twine out along with a splatter of blood from

the newly opened gash. "Hitagi!" Sasuke yelled. He was about to confront Sakura who was currently looking pretty full of herself but I put my hand on his chest.

I stood up, looked Sakura in the eye and drop kicked her ass into the ground so hard she made a dent in the pavement. "Ughhhh..." She groaned. I picked her up by the collar of that stupid red dress and looked her in the eye once again. "What'd you call me?" I asked. "N-nothing!" She stammered as she covered her face. I dropped her and she fell to her knees. "Don't you ever touch me again." I said as she got up, scrambled to the other park bench and looked at her feet.

"Do you think I was too hard on her?" I asked Sasuke as I sat down next to him. "No not really. She needed to be put in her place. Plus I don't think she'll be bothering you again." Sasuke said pretty convinced. I wasn't though.

A few more minutes passed and Naruto showed up. He looked at me then at Sakura and ran to her side. I heard him ask "What happened?" As he examined the tiny scrapes on her arms. She pouted and then pointed at me while crying. Naruto looked at me his face inflamed. He marched over here and I saw Sakura smile like she'd won the fight.

"What the hell did you do!?!" He asked me once he'd gotten over to me. "What do you mean what did I do?! I defended myself!" I yelled right back. "She slapped me!" Naruto looked like he was going to boil over. "That doesn't mean you have to pound her into the ground!!" He yelled. What the hell got into him?!?

"I didn't even hurt her that bad! Look how tiny those scrapes are! They aren't even bleeding!" I got up and rested my hand on Naruto's forehead before he quickly slapped it away. "Don't touch me or talk to me! Or her ever again!" He screamed as he stormed off and sat down and held her in his lap just like he used to do to me. I sat down as tears started to well in my eyes.

I thought we were friends! I thought we were closer then that! Did I really just loose my best friend? I didn't want Sakura to see that she'd won so I ran out of there, as fast as I could before the tears could spill over."Hitagi!" I heard Sasuke yell. But he didn't follow me. I think he understood that no comfort could mend my heart at the moment.

Just then, I rammed into someone half way home. "I'm- I'm sorry." I stuttered. I dragged the back of my hand across my face as I looked up to see the Jhonin that had pulled Sasuke away from me yesterday. Our new Sensei.

"Aren't you part of my team?" He asked. I slowly nodded. "I'm sorry... Can I skip the ice breakers and the stupid stuff you do when you first meet the Sensei? I- I'm not feeling well." He looked at me and smiled. Or, at least I think he smiled considering he had a mask covering his face. "Sure. No problem." He said as he patted my shoulder and walked in the direction from which I had came.

I started on my way back home, this time slowly. My head hung and my tears made little wet droplets on the dry dirt road.

When I got home, I closed the door, locked it, and slid down blocking it. I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my head on my them as I silently cried. Naruto..... Why? Is our long years of friendship really that easy to just throw away?

Some how I knew that something was going to go wrong today. I don't know how but I just knew it.

A few hours had passed with me sitting in front of my front door just crying. I cried hard until it felt like I couldn't anymore. He didn't want me to talk to him anymore... He didn't want me to touch him anymore. It felt like the room was growing smaller and darker by the second. I started hyperventilating and then, I passed out.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to write this chapter but I was sooooo lazy over march break it wasn't even funny! Any ways I want 30 votes on this book for the next chappie! Think you can do it?!

Byeeeeee guys

-Rylee